Post pics of your knob's

54K views 158 replies 59 participants last post by  macatron 
#1 · (Edited)
Shift knob that is [:p]

here is mine, steeda knob on the Steeda sts

And this is what it looked like before I zip tied the boot up

See less See more
#4 ·
They said back in March was going to take about 6-8 weeks. I know that parts are in production just dont have a set time frame other the what was given then.

And for the shifter and knob combo loving it. I almost want to go to the dealer to find a stock 5- speed to compare it to again since i have had it on there for a while lol

#6 ·
Thanks for starting this thread! Even if it's a bit quite in this subsection, I hope to see what other people are doing to change out their knobs. I really like the Steeda one, more than I thought it would after seeing it in pictures on their site. Is it weighted?

The Blox is also cool, little tall for my taste, but I do like some of their other knobs, pricy though they be. I'll be eager to see if others share theirs.

#62 ·
I just picked up another Blox 490 today in a different colour. Fantastic shift knob.

#9 ·
Twenty, I like the knob but I think that it will look better if you cut about an inch of the shifter height.

#10 ·
Really digging that Steeda setup red...

Now that you've played around with the shifter, how easy do you think it would be to add a custom shift boot to my Ti auto? I know there's some different parts involved obviously but there has to be some basic similarities. It's just a thought, but I would love to add a custom shift boot and custom e-brake boot ... matching, of course.

#12 ·
The boot and trim are one part I didn't take them apart, you can check twenties thread he took his apart.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
Here's mine....

PSSSHHHHH, JOKES!!! Mine is still the stock 5spd shift knob for now

Now excuse me while I button up my flame suit and re-secure my "5speed4lyfe" pin on my lapel. Cacophonous where are youuuuuuu? [cheers]

I never thought I'd ever say this.....but GREAT LOOKING KNOBS GUYS!!!

#14 ·
Interesting can't say I have seen that on a focus before. Do you have any more pictures to share at different angles

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#24 ·
Those look good, guys....

a little tip for those with chrome or aluminum shift knobs: don't ask google "how to polish aluminum shift knob"

it tends to omit the words "aluminum" and "shift" [facepalm]

#27 ·
Bought me a new shift knob, its off an 05 GT mustang and it uses the same thread pitch we have on are MK3's a 12mm x 1.25mm

Here is a pick

Reactions: macatron
#30 ·
Bought me a new shift knob, its off an 05 GT mustang and it uses the same thread pitch we have on are MK3's a 12mm x 1.25mm
Please post a pic for this when you get it installed. Is the silver insert plastic or metal? It looks like it will match the Sport interior well.

#35 ·
Shift knob came in, required a little cutting of the stock boot to get it to fit over the knob. Used zip ties to hold it into place, love those things haha

Yeah, yeah car is dirty I know.

#38 ·
Its a leather knob, feels slightly bigger then the stocker. While rowing throw the gears you can feel the lip from the leather to the plastic so that is going to take some getting use to lol

#40 · (Edited)
Yeah, I typically use sort of an overhand grip on the knob with my palm on top, rather than along the side, and I find the plastic on the top of the stock knob to be very slick with my grip. I was thinking maybe this one would be better since the leather extends up higher. I was concerned that the transition from the leather to the plastic might be a little rough though.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.