Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SCT Tunes New ST - 253whp, 323wtq @2400 RPM

15K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 ·
As you can see, the stock turbo can't flow enough air to keep up with the initial ass kicker of wtq. But, it's a giant step in the right direction.

See less See more
#6 ·
now they need to do a 1/4 mile, im sure it could break into the 13's with that tune.
so that just goes to show everyone that 28k to buy the car and 600-700 into the exhaust 100+ into the intake and a tune could possible yeild a mid 13 second car.

#7 ·
I added the STC dyno to the ST Dyno Numbers thread and recomputed the average whp / wtq figures. Doing the math based on the new average means with the tune, the ST is producing around 280 crank hp and 334 ft-lb torque. Not bad at all.

From what I read, the 2011 RS500 got it's extra power from some airflow changes that allowed the motor to breathe better. Hopefully we can expect similar results once an intake and exhaust are added! Keep up the good work!

The Focus RS500’s 2.5-liter inline five-cylinder engine has been juiced up some 45 hp and 14 lb-ft of torque from its appearance in the Focus RS; here it makes 345 hp and 339 lb-ft, achieved mostly through breathing enhancements instead of additional turbo boost. (http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2011-ford-focus-rs500-car-news)​

#8 ·
People need to keep in mind that this dyno shows MORE boost and thats where the added performance came from

Granted other things have been addressed as well through the tune

With the TQ taking a nose dive like it does I still cannot see this making a 13 sec pass

I will be offering tuning very soon

Tom

#11 ·
so im guessing you have been able to get your hands on a 2013 st huh?

from this stand point right now what do you thin will have to be done to fix that nose dive its taking? better breathing? different turbo? a tune that will give up a little tq but create a better power band across the board?

#19 ·
Turbo is the big issue , the turbo is undersized and this isnt a bad thing , my guess is because it would make the RS look bad to come out with HP the same as the ST

Change the turbo then a tune , then work on the Exh and piping to and from the turbo

My opinion is for those that want the big power buy an older duratec 2 door and do a built engine and add turbo get to 300-350 and have fun

The ST is a very costly car to be adding and changing things for big power

By adding a bigger turbo you will loose the 2500 rpm quick spooling and 4500 nose dive and switching that to 3000-3400 spool and holding to 6000-7000
Most everything with turbos is a trade off

Tom

#9 ·
With sct's tune it spikes 23.5 psi and holds 17 or 22.5 to redline, depending on commanded torque.

Judging by the fact that Buscher could only squeeze a 14.7 out of it stock, I'm gonna say it's gonna be hard to break 13's. Maybe with an intake and that full 3" that guy with the compound boosted talon made and some extremely sticky tires, but it'll still be hard with the stock turbo.

#10 ·
The question is how much better will the car put power to the ground with a diff. I know it made a big difference in my 07 st if anyone was at FF11 and saw the red sedan run the big difference between gray car and mine was the I had the diff and street tires and he had and open diff and street tires. Yes the new ST has tq vectoring but it just grabbing the brakes and putting less power to the ground.

#31 ·
But what do these numbers mean?
Are you going to ask a real question?

Someone who owns a Charger asking borderline sarcastic questions about the ST's dyno sheet. You're either truly a newbie to this kind of thing or a massive troll.
I agree, not adding anything useful to the thread.

Back OT:
Anyone know what the bottom end is good for? I know the Coyote 5.0 and the Boss 5.0 have different internals, does the ST have forged internals as well?

#18 ·
Wow, those are some great numbers on a stock setup, but I'm not too surprised. The stock turbo isn't going to be able to make the big HP numbers that some people want to see.
I'm sure with improved airflow it'll be closer to 275whp but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#22 ·
meehh needs bigger turbo, reminds me of the little td04-13t in my old gc, neck braking acceleration (321wtq) then it died before causing neck pains because tq would dip very bad before hp would take over. All i see with these massive tq numbers is a lot of wheel spin and not much go. i dont think it can break 13's with oem wheels and tires. also the clutch might start slipping at these higher tq numbers. Very low 14's is my guess.

once again= WHAT TURBO DOES THIS CAR HAVE? I STILL CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE

#23 ·
I'll get flamed for this, but I think some people are losing sight of the point, here. SCT managed to unlock and reflash the ECU of an already fun-to-drive car to squeeze more horsepower and torque out of it. Sure, you can buy a 10 year old car and build it up to be faster than the ST and spend less money. Can't the same be said for just about any car? Why buy a new Evo when you can buy an Evo VIII and put $10k into the motor? Who needs a new Corvette when you can buy an early C5 and twin turbocharge it?

Ford has put out a compact performance-oriented car with a polished finish and a price tag that makes it affordable for a lot of people, including first-time new car buyers. Did they ever say it was the fastest car for the money? No. If you want a fast car for about $30k go buy a V6 Genesis coupe.

#25 ·
if sct would post up a 1/4 time then do some breathe easier work on it and some sticky tires and post up a 1/4 mile time, then change out the turbo and post up a 1/4 mile time that would be great. im sure this car could get into the 13s with the right turbo tune and the right breathe easier work but yeah the clutch most likely wont hold up and will need upgrading, does anyone even make a clutch for it yet?

#27 ·
no is wrong it just depends on if the person is willing to pay the monthly loan bill and increase insurance or if the person would rather spend that money they could save on something else like a vacation or home improvement their kids.

#32 ·
Hmmm K03. Same as the Audi's... Wonder how long it'll take til a K04 upgrade will come about? I'd love a li'l ST with a $600 upgrade + tune to take it to 350+whp. =D

#41 ·
Needs an upgrade for the Turbo. Little bit of a bigger Turbo cold air intake and an exhaust and then a retune. Fmic and colder spark plugs sound like a good choice to and the clutch will most definitely need an upgrade. Wont take much to get into the 13's.

I hope the next St is a little bit lighter and can do 13s stock or atleast low 14s

#42 ·
^ It can run low 14s stock. Steeda ran 14.4 after smoking the stock tires until they were greasy. A good running stock ST is capable of 14.2ish pretty easily.

#45 ·
yes, a quick spin to clean them or to dry them, since most tracks dont give you the option to drive through a dry area before lining up, the just have a big puddle right in the middle right before the lane (i fking hate when they do that) im just saying, becauseracecar dude that do massive 10 second burnouts with their $50 street tires to heat them up mad tyte jdm style so they can stick betta'... why? just why? [scratch] and me steriotyping? fk YES! i am!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.