Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Projector Headlight enclosures on ebay...

18K views 110 replies 40 participants last post by  handshaker 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 3/10/13: The chinese enclosures are sketchy and buyers are reporting failures immediately and no customer service. Hopefully I can still edit this OP when reliable parts hit the market.

I thought some of you might find these interesting. I searched and didn't find them on the site yet. Please add information on any other options you've found. I'm not too interested in getting them but I think it's nice to see the aftermarket parts for the MK3 picking up the pace.

Price is for a pair minus the bulbs and ballasts. ($607 + $199 shipping)

Ebay page...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121050822947&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Video of headlamps in action...
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/38kkVvzws_k/

Edit: added daylight picture. This one VVV.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the main issue that people run into with setups like these are that the LED's have a tendency to go out prematurely... At least from what I've seen. They look really cool though! It would be cool to see someone try them out...

#4 ·
They'd be cool if they weren't $600 plus $200 in shipping. If they were $300 shipped then they'd be worth it, but at $800 total I don't think so. It'd be cheaper to get a pair of regular lights off eBay and do your own projector conversion I'd think.

#8 ·
Wonder why they won't show them in the light? I see how they light up I want to see how they look on the car...

#9 ·
Scroll down on the ebay listing link. It shows them installed on a black Focus.

Wow, they do look really cool, especially on that black.
And yes, they look VERY bad ass on black!

#14 · (Edited)
Exactly what I'd expect. When more options get released and the early adopters have paid for the tooling costs, prices should nosedive. I'm sure anyone who wants to uniquify their Focus will eventually find ones they like at a price they can afford.

#18 ·
Wow, those are the first headlights I've seen from Asia that actually look good. At night with the headlights off the car looks angry!

Unfortunately $800 shipped is a bit much still. I could do a retrofit for cheaper than that. Maybe if it was $500 shipped I'd consider it.

#31 ·
If those are what the picture says they practically are the HID OEM headlights. Of course it said min buy is 5 pairs and no price... Depending on price if those look exactly like the OEM ones I'd jump for a pair.

#32 ·
been doing google on chinese website (I can read chinese), seems they are selling over there in china for about 1500 RMB, which is a little over 200 USD a pair, and that's retail price over there. I'm making a trip this summer to Beijing, might bring a couple of them back with me. [headbang]

#36 ·

They are very bright. The upper brow doesn't look that wide to the eye my camera phone is junk. Bulbs arrive Tuesday so i can finish install then and check beam pattern. Overall they seem very well built. housing are very built and lenses are clear. Time will tell on the leds but if they failed I'd try anything to repair them. After seeing them on there's no way Id put the chromies back on. Actually I might even take the chrome ones apart and build my own projectors and skin the insides with carbon fiber.

No problems with customs. Once they shipped they arrived within 5 days via postal service (ems)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.