Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Saleen Progress (56k go home!)

19K views 108 replies 49 participants last post by  Hal3st0rm 
#1 ·
So I haven't posted here for awhile. I have done a lot of stuff to the focus in the last month or so, and I thought it would be a good idea to put up a thread showing what it looked like when I bought it and what it looks like now. I'll try not to post EVERY picture I have. [dunno]

When I bought it, it was a mess. But I got a great deal on it. I don't have any pics of when I picked it up, but it had pretty bad hail damage. The windshield was busted up pretty bad, dent in the hood where previous owner shut it on the prop, and the Saleen wing was completely destroyed. It also had ugly yellow stuff all over it. Calipers, underhood wiring, strut tower brace. [thumbd][thumbd][thumbd] I did all the major maintenance, plugs, brakes, and complete mechanical inspection. Engine had 2 burned valves, so minor engine rebuild was done. All new valves and lifters. Had hail dents removed / repaired.

It's been a long road to where it is now, but it's almost where I want it.

A list of everything I've added since then, and pics.

Black corner markers

Sirius satellite install, replaced antenna with sirius antenna from late model mustang

Steeda RAI

Repaint yellow calipers red

The rest has been done just within the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Remove side moldings

Added decals [race][race][race]

Replaced all silver interior pieces with black

Black housing headlights

Shift knob

Painted strut tower brace black and replaced yellow wiring with new fuel harness

And finally, replaced hood - no scoop, replaced grill, added painted door handles and SVT folding / heated mirrors, and added new Motegi MR121 wheels - 17 x 7

This is how it sits as of today. Enjoy! [wave]

See less See more
#101 ·
I haven't had any problems with it. Every once in awhile I'll have to touch up a nick or two, but it's pretty durable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#103 ·
I did all 4 calipers and still have paint left for touch ups.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#104 ·
So I'm messing around with my original Saleen shift knob today waiting for the center console to arrive. It had a couple of decent scratches and one or two good sized nicks. I figure I might be able to sand it down back to smooth and polish it back to it's original shine. So out the sandpaper comes and I get started. I sand all the scratches and nicks out of it, and I'm thinking I like the sanded finish better than the polished. More like a brushed finish. I also decided to paint the allen screws that go into the top of it. And then the UPS guy delivers my console. So I got that put in, got the shift knob all finished and put that in, and pulled the Saleen badge off of the other console and attached that to the new console. Whew. And I wasn't planning on doing much today. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.