Focus Fanatics Forum banner

JRSC install

18K views 113 replies 21 participants last post by  xy0s08 
#1 ·
I have finally pieced together all the brackets for my JRSC and i am planning on starting the install today. the only thing that i am missing from the kit is the hardware.. am i going to run into an issue of not having bots, nuts, vacuum hoses.. ect.. when i start installing it?

#56 ·
It makes sense to me that out would flow better without the cat but I don't know maybe its eliminating all of the back pressure, but even then it doesn't make sense why it would drop the boost

#57 ·
okay so i think things are getting better, but at the same time i am not sure about that. i cannot get more then 3 psi of boost, at idle there is only 17 InHg, the belt i have installed is the same one that everyone on here has recomended yet i still think belt slip is why i am not getting full boost, yet the next smaller belt will not fit (hits the side of the tenshioner), today when i dove it it had a weird idle issue, no low end power. I dont know what to do about this SuperCharger problem, i think it might be a bad SC but i dont know, any help will help!!!

#58 ·
When you bought your manifold studs where they threaded all the way (some come with no threads in the middle of the stud)? Did you check your manifold studs for tightness? What kind of manifold gasket did you use and how thick was it? Does the super charger feel strong at times and then down on power other times or does always seem under powered?

#60 ·
the studs were not threaded all the way. i did check them for tightness i also sprayed card cleaner all the way around the mating surface checking for a vacuum leak. (didnt find one) I made a gasket out of gasket material. it always seems under powered as when i go WOT i can only get 3 psi of boost and then when i shift gears it doesnt seem like i have any bottom end power. I checked the bypass valve with a vacuum pump and it was opening so i think it is good but i dont know.

#62 ·
i have the 106 3/8 and the 105.5 was to small. i looked at the rotors and spun them before i installed the SC and they seemed to be ok.

#65 ·
so no auto parts store can find a 106 belt.. i am going to look online for one, but who knows all the parts stores have told me that they dont make them in that length.. what was the lenght of the stock one that came with the JRSC and the part number?

#66 ·
Belt lengths for jrsc (this is from the supercharger instruction manual)

Non svt jrsc with NEW bracket and NEW belt routing:
3" pulley 104.5" (stock pulley)
2.5" pulley 103.5" (big boost kit pulley)

non svt jrsc with OLD bracket and OLD belt routing:
3" pulley 100" (stock pulley)
2.5" pulley 99" (big boost kit)

SVT with New bracket and New belt routing:
3.6" pulley 106.5" (stock pulley)
3.1" pulley 105.5" (big boost kit pulley)

#68 ·
I have that manual and thats what I was going off of. So I cannot find anyone that can order a 106' 6 rib belt so I dont know what to do about this issue

#73 ·
Sorry that 106 3/8" belt didn't work. It is the only belt I could find in between the 106.5/105.5

Maybe you could try finding a way to replace the tensioned pulley or an idler pulley with something slightly bigger/smaller to make it work?

#75 ·
i will be home tomorrow and i will look over all the paper work i have about what i installed. i am going off memory right now might have said something wrong.. i will be more accurate tomorrow..lol..

#76 ·
okay guy here are the details of what i have going on. i have the new bracket for the alt. i also have the the new routing. i have the gates belt K061058 (106 3/8) the instructing say i should be using a 104.5 belt but it is to small. also i bought a 105.5 belt and it was also to small. i took pics of eveything. let me know if you see somthing i have wrong. also i dont think that i have an under drive puleys

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.