Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sft Meet

4K views 69 replies 17 participants last post by  zx3-d00d 
#1 ·
It is time for us to have another meet. The holidays are behind us now. I hope everyone had a good time and was blessed one way or another. The new year brings lots of new things to us. Hopefully, it will find us having meets again with good times had by all . So everybody chime in with your meet ideas and lets kickoff the New Year with a good meet. Sincerely, Brandon and Rattles

#5 ·
I'm in, and I vote for Mr. K's in Charlotte. I've been trying to get you guys to go there for ages. If we met early on a Saturday, we'd basically have the whole parking lot to ourselves. However, I'm open to whatever you guys think.

#8 ·
I think with everyone on a budget burgers are a good option. This sounds good to me. Everyone who is coming please post, we will make sure that you get the particulars.

#10 ·
Clif: Mr. K's is a Greek-family-owned burger joint. They've been in business in the same location since 1967. They have burgers, hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches, and chicken sandwiches. They also have some of the best homemade onion rings around. Plus, when you're done with lunch, they have some awesome soft serve ice cream.

Lunchtime would be cool, but the earlier the better. Their parking lot is unlined, so parking can get kinda weird sometimes. I've talked to the owner about having a meet there on a Saturday, and he's fine with it. He usually doesn't have a big amount of business on Saturday, but I figure if we hit there early, we might be able to draw in some business for him. I was thinking meet there around 10:00-11:00, does that sound too early for everyone?

I'll post directions tonight, but just to clarify we were thinking about January 31st for this informal meet. Does that date sound good to everyone?

#11 ·
Heck yea I'm in!!!!

I don't think I'll be doing Wilmington this weekend....... I'm in Mooresville....... and I don't think I can afford the gas...... even as low as it is right now.

But as soon as you guys get something together, PM me.

#12 ·
Ok, so just checking here - Is everyone OK with meeting at Mr. K's on Saturday the 31st? If that doesn't work for everyone, post up your ideas. I'd like to see if we could get something nailed down before the end of the month.

#20 ·
Cool! That makes 6 so far. That's pretty good. If anyone else wants to show up, you all are welcome. This is just going to be a pretty laid-back kind of meet. We just wanted to catch up with everyone after the holidays and maybe talk about any plans for the new year.

Oh, and I've got a little bit to celebrate guys. DeEtta finally got a call back from one of the places that she interviewed with and she starts Monday. So after a year out of work, she is once again gainfully employed!! [woot] [woot] [woot]

#21 ·
I'll tell a SVT owner I met in King's Mountain, and also see if my buddy Danny wants to come also....so we may have more than just the regulars.....

Also, i'll tell Mike at Hilbish about it tomorrow, maybe he'll come as well....

and Praise God Brent, that De found a job! I'm also swinging in the balance of getting the job i've been pursuing for about 2 months now with the Po'Po's... :) I turned in all my paperwork yesterday...so i'm hoping everything goes through!

Clif

#23 ·
Thanks Clif, we'll say a couple extra prayers for your job situation and wait for the blessing!

Thanks for telling Mike for me, I meant to send him a PM after we started to get some positive responses. I don't know if he'll be able to make it on a Saturday, but maybe this far in advance he could ask for the day off?

That's cool that we may have some new faces, the more the merrier. Oh, and if we do happen to run out of room, we can just park across the street. Looks like this might be a pretty good turnout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.