Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Parents Totaled Their 2006 ZXW :(

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  zx3_bmxrider 
#1 ·
Friday night they went to Florence to visit my uncle in the hospital and they got in a wreck. They arent really too sure what happened. They can't really remember because it happened really fast. The cop said it looked like they had a blow out. But the Michelins they had had less than 20k on them and my dad said it didnt feel like a blow out. But anyways, they wound up going into a guard rail. My best friends family came to my house and said my parents were in a "little" accident, but the car wasnt driveable at the moment. So I am thinking it was a little fender bender, something not very bad. Later when they were in the hospital my dad sent me all the pics of the crash. Oh and by the way they are 100% fine. My mom was sore Saturday and my dad is still a little sore because it all happened on his side. But yea, no broken bones or anything bad. Pretty neat! Ford for the win!!! Here are the pictures:

This is the fender, I dont know if you guys remember the thread I posted about bumping into my moms car a couple weeks ago, but this is where a mark was. lol

They hit so hard it ripped the strut tower assembly and the whole wheel off. It was stuck to the guard rail and my dad said nobody could get it out.

See less See more
#8 ·
At first when my friends mom said the car might be totaled (after she said it was a small wreck) I was like well I will take the bumpers, the rims, and some other stuff. I would just sell my EAPs I just bought and still sitting in boxes. But when I saw the pics I was like well....only the back right rim is good. lol

#9 ·
A lttle fender bender huh, wow. That's great they are ok, glad to hear that. Look's like you have a 20 Dura-tec huh, what's that going in? And another Foci for them?

#13 ·
Thanks everyone! We arent allowed to take anything from the car because the insurance guy hasnt looked at the car to say its totaled yet. Yeah I told them they should get a 2009 SES just because I like the looks of them with the 17 inch rims and everything. They are also looking at Fusions. My mom has been driving my ZX3 and she says she really likes driving it so they are also looking at ZX5s.

#14 ·
Talk em into a 6spd fusion with the appearance package. :) they sexy lol. Glad they are ok. They took a big slam into that guardrail

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Thanks :D Yeah they are looking at Fusions. Right now it is basically between Focuses and fusions. I still think a 5 door SVT would be cool for my mom. lol We got a rental minivan today! It is the first minivan we have had since we owned a 94 (I think it was a 94) Mercury Villager.

#25 ·
Thanks guys! yeah the car was in the shop last week (my mom go the oil changed) and all they said was the tires would need replacing in a month or so. we thought that was odd because the tires were relatively new and we rotate them regularly. But anyways today my parents test drove the fusion and escape. They liked both but didnt like somethng about the Fusion (cant remember what it was.) They also want to test drive some Focuses as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.