Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Trunk net

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  qurtrn10 
#1 ·
Hey guys, you know of a good way to install a net to hold my cleaning supplies and little tools I like to keep in the car in the right side of the trunk? I've taken out my two 12"s and now they just roll all over the trunk, lol.

#3 ·
Hmmm okay. I need to find me some netting and see if I can't fab something up. Really tired of this shit rolling around, haha.

#7 ·
Where could I find one?

What I did was get some 1/2" molding (half round). Paint it black to match the removable floor (the thing that covers the spare). Get a box that will hold your stuff and Attach the molding to the removable floor so that it holds the box in place (use very tiny screws (drill a hole through the floor and drill holes into the molding so it does not split). You can do some pretty rugged corners and the box will not come out of the molding, and you can still remove the box and put in groceries (or what have you). Also works with laptop cases. If the box is very heavy, you may have to put some velcro dots under the floor to secure it to the car proper.
Actually that's a pretty good idea... But I think I'd prefer some kind of netting for now. I will look into this option though if I can't find a net.

#6 ·
What I did was get some 1/2" molding (half round). Paint it black to match the removable floor (the thing that covers the spare). Get a box that will hold your stuff and Attach the molding to the removable floor so that it holds the box in place (use very tiny screws (drill a hole through the floor and drill holes into the molding so it does not split). You can do some pretty rugged corners and the box will not come out of the molding, and you can still remove the box and put in groceries (or what have you). Also works with laptop cases. If the box is very heavy, you may have to put some velcro dots under the floor to secure it to the car proper.

#8 ·
Does the SVT cargo net just fit right in or do you have to install additional anchors/connection points? I was looking in the back of my hatch and can't figure out where it would hook into aside from the mounts on the back of the seats or the hooks that the seats actually lock into when they are up.

#9 ·
it uses hooks mounted on the sides.

there is also a small bag on the drives side that uses little button things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.