Focus Fanatics Forum banner

transmission swap help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crazy_urn 
#1 ·
okay i have a 2000 focus in bue like the color really matters but it's 4 door se with a automatic so as you all can tell it needs t be swaped. what do i need who do i need to talk, and how much is it going to cost. also is there a direct swap for auto to manual, do they just switch in and out or am i going to have to do some custom work please help, i bought the car for my ex-wife and now i'm stuck with it and want to get some speed out of it but first things first i need a manual transmission

#2 ·
a swap is possible. as far as a i know, it does not need to be customized. but you will need to replace your ECU, shifter, shift linkage, master and slave cylinders, and compression lines. maybe some other stuff. i dont know since i have a manual to begin with i have never looked into it.

you can get the SCT ship to really improve your ATX though. it can change your shiftpoints and such. that will atleast make your ATX servicable. (though it probably would not like forced induction much....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.