Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008-2011 Picture Thread!!

2M views 9K replies 317 participants last post by  bwiren13 
#1 ·
Didn't see one of these yet. I just bought mine but havn't actually taken delivery of it yet. It is a 2011 SES 4door in Blue Flame Metallic with the lighter interior. I'll be sure to update my post with pictures when I get it. When you post put your mods before your first picture so we know what you have done. Look forward to seeing everyone's car's and am really looking forward to actually getting my car!!

#2,824 ·
As can i with my FRPP kit Mr.Mac no bottoming out here either. but why would you want to hit potholes or dips full speeD? that sounds like stupid driving to begin with. Most lowering kits have a stiffer spring rate so they actually take bumps etc better. Over speed bumps my stock suspension was very rough and made a loud clunk. With the FRPP it glides over them.

#2,825 ·
It a matter of opinion. He's just voicing it. Some days I wish I was back at stock ride height sometimes I don't. The roads around here just suck.

#2,826 ·
The stock suspension is tuned well enough that I don't feel its necessary to lower the car.

I lowered my last car and outside of a road course or auto cross, it was damn near worthless. I had to take street entrances at an ungodly angle, usually blocking the entrance and stopping traffic for a few moments. I had to take speed humps at an angle or the exhaust would scrape, if an intersection had too sever of a dip I would have to take it at an angle or risk removing the front bumper. Every road trip I went on my spine was wrecked at the end from being bounced around for 8+ hours.

After the first autocross this year I'll see what I want to do. If the car is too roly-poly on stock setup, I'll install the FRPP kit.

Until then I'm riding high and looking down on everyone else.

#2,827 ·
Me being low kinda sucks. I now scrape my resonator over a 2" speed bump in my neighborhood

Being low is a lifestyle for me. I choose to be "slammed". Can't wait to move out of Louisiana. I'm gonna slam it very low

#2,831 ·
This is cool. Glad people can voice opinions and not get offended the drop kit isn't perfect. No matter if you think it is. Heck my setup isn't even that great, I just like the look. And I'm slowly trying to get it to handle right. Sways and all. Plus not all roads are the same everywhere. That's why I don't encourage ppl to buy the kit. I just suggest it if that's what they want.

#2,836 ·
Well this is all opinion but what is "properly"? I do not see weaving around potholes and other road imperfections constantly to be driving "properly"
Though that will be the way to never bottom out or scrape

#2,837 ·
lol no im sorry that not what i meant. i mean driving in at angles, slowing over speed bumps, that kind of stuff. if the potholes are that bad that you would bottom out with only the frpp 1.5inch drop then you should be much more worried about bending wheels rather than bottoming out....

I was simply speaking about the frpp drop above in my other posts. those who are slammed.,... i dont get how you drive on public roads lol

#2,838 ·
[:(] I bottom out in potholes with the FRPP lmao.
Surprisingly I have never blown out a tire or bent a rim!

Yet I hit potholes just as big or worse than my friend does and one time he blew out both passenger side tires and bent the front rim and it was a 15" wheel o_O Maybe wheel build quality?
Stupid Boston roads..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.