Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Intelligent Access not working :(

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  cougardave 
#1 ·
Last few weeks the front doors have been rarely working when I stick my hand in to unlock, so I have been just sliding my hand into the back doors, but over the last few days I cant get any of the doors to recognize my unlock command [?|] yet it will regognize the damn lock command on the door [confused]. Anyone ever have this issue? I did book an appointment at the dealer but dont have high hopes due to history in failing to solve anything on the first try.

#3 ·
I've noticed that if I have my cell phone with me and have WiFi on the IA range drops drastically (I'll need to be almost leaning against the door for the IA to open the door(s)). The bi-directional remote for the remote start hasn't helped much either.
Is this happening with both keys?

#11 ·
Coincidence. The IA system works by noticing changes in electromagnetic density. It's not that the system doesn't recognize the remote being close, it's that it's not recognizing his hand being in the handle. The field for that sensor is very narrow and wouldn't be affected by your cellphone at all.

#5 ·
Your local dealer might not know that.

I took it in complaining of the issue and they gave it back with a "Couldn't replicate."

... >_>

#10 ·
Same here. But I replaced the battery a few days ago - so we'll see if it starts to act up again...

#13 ·
Lol Electromagnetic density... Wonder if I should rub a ballon on my head before unlocking the car[giddy]. I did put new batteries in the remotes and still the same issue. Although I must say it did unlock for me tonight when I went out [facepalm]. I wonder if humidity can affect it at all?

#15 ·
Lol Electromagnetic density... Wonder if I should rub a ballon on my head before unlocking the car[giddy]...
SaToX,

Be careful when touching metal objects after that! [screwy] LOL JK

I suggest calling one of the amazing agents with Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673 so they can help.

Awesome, thank you copernicium...Now if only i could convince them to fix the automatic rainshield wiper from not dryswiping and turning off for 15 seconds when it's raining...
daemoniscinxi,

Get a hold of me via PM and I’ll be happy to send this up the line to the customer service manager for your region. Please include your mileage, VIN, full name, phone number, and dealer name/state.

Same here. But I replaced the battery a few days ago - so we'll see if it starts to act up again...
Please keep me updated on whether it still happens, PratoN. [:)]

This one maybe?...
...Needs a software update.
Does the fob need a new battery?...
Coincidence. The IA system works by noticing changes in electromagnetic density...
...i suggest bringing a service writer out side and get them to try to open the car the same way.
I love to see the community so supportive; thanks, guys!

Cory

#14 ·
Rke op has noting to do with IA op. problems ive noticed. if the car is very dirty the sensor doesnt like to work. also if its below say -10 c w.e that may be in f -45 or something. they dont operate very well. ive had a few escapes come in for this issue but no focus' yet. also i found sliding your hand down the handle towards the back of the car works. btw if the lock works and the inside sensor doesnt. something is wrong in the sensor. a bcm update probably will not correct it. theres a pinpoint test to do all this shit to. so the dealer should get to the bottom. i suggest bringing a service writer out side and get them to try to open the car the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.