Focus Fanatics Forum banner

replacing stock springs with Eibach sportline lowering springs

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I need information about changing my stock spring with sportline springs. I want to lower my focus 2011 ses but some guys were telling me its not a good idea. Is there anybody who has done the same thing without changing other suspension kits? Please advice

#4 ·
those springs are way too much for the stock shocks. they start out very soft then ramp up stiffness. Even then they arent stiff enough for the amount of drop they have. I had those with Tokico adjustables and evan then it felt like the car would lean onto its bumpstops when cornering

#7 ·
'00-'05 kit & the omni kit & your golden

Grab the Sportline system for'00-'05 cars from Tirerack for $441.= hit up Jillian. The hit up Karl at Massive for the ''Omni kit''= sleeves that take up the clearence between the smaller diameter struts on the earlier '00-'05 cars & your bigger diameter strut mount in your spindles.

#10 ·
The omni kit is more or less a shim that goes over the base of 00-05 struts so that they will fit into an 06+ knuckle. 00-05 struts were smaller in diameter than 06+ struts. Just remember if you go this route, you must use 00-05 springs with the 00-05 struts as 06+ springs will not fit the earlier struts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.