Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rattle/Vibration from Ceiling Console (Glasses Holder, etc.)

23K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  hwzdavu 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone else get a rattling noise from the ceiling mounted console (where the glasses holder and interior lights control is)? I'm pretty sure it's there; if I push up on it or apply a little pressure to it then it will go away. Note that it also seems to be more evident in the mornings, but I'm not sure if the car is just a little rougher in the morning after sitting overnight.

Should I bring the car to the dealer for something like this?

Cheers!

#5 ·
I just took my car in to the dealer for this along with other things. im guessing its just from the design of the console having hard plastic buttons that move. There are a few buttons up there that dont do anything and those seem to be the ones that vibrate the most. I only took mine in becuase my headliner's glue failed and it started vibrating alot more than usual.

#11 ·
Ford is well aware of the issue with rattles in the headliners and they have a fix. YOU HAVE A WARRANTY, USE IT! I took mine to the dealer, complained of the rattle, and the next day they had totally re-glued the headliner and it's now silent as the grave. The service manager mentioned they've had plenty of Focii in for the same issue and that Ford NA has informed the dealers of the problem and how to fix it. Simple.

#12 ·
...Anyone else get a rattling noise from the ceiling mounted console (where the glasses holder and interior lights control is)? I'm pretty sure it's there; if I push up on it or apply a little pressure to it then it will go away...

Should I bring the car to the dealer for something like this?...
...I'm 13000 miles in at 7 months. This just started a month or so ago.
I think I may have a similar rattle. Its more of a buzz coming from the headliner. I can barley touch it and it'll stop.
I might stick a cotton ball or two up there to see if that stops the problem.
I recommend taking it in to your dealers. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll forward this to the Customer Service Manager of your regions. [thumb]

I doubt its anything to worry about. It'll probably work itself out. New cars rattle for awhile...
Its the glue failing. There has been many posts about this issue. You can bring it to the dealer for a re-glueing fix or just stuff some foam up there like I did ... here's my thread concerning this issue:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3918280#post3918280...
i know exactly what it is. do you have like sunglasses or something in there? cause if you do its the glasses vibrating because it isnt patted in there. i had the same exact problem in mine.
Sunglasses rattle. I have been trying to come up with a solution, until then, sunglasses sit in center console.
...I took mine to the dealer, complained of the rattle, and the next day they had totally re-glued the headliner and it's now silent as the grave. The service manager mentioned they've had plenty of Focii in for the same issue and that Ford NA has informed the dealers of the problem and how to fix it. Simple.
I just took my car in to the dealer for this along with other things. im guessing its just from the design of the console having hard plastic buttons that move...I only took mine in becuase my headliner's glue failed and it started vibrating alot more than usual.
Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice! Camaraderie makes this forum such a magical place. [:D]

Have a good weekend, [ffrocks]

Thomas

#14 ·
I recommend taking it in to your dealers. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll forward this to the Customer Service Manager of your regions. [thumb]

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice! Camaraderie makes this forum such a magical place. [:D]

Have a good weekend, [ffrocks]

Thomas
I PM'd my info, but I wasn't seeing a confirmation that it sent and 0/0 message in my sent folder. Hope I didnt spam your inbox.

#13 ·
I am having the same issue. If I hold the sunglass holder door shut it stops. Now that I know it seems to be a fairly common prob I will mention it to the dealer. Headliner is also pulled away and rattles sometimes. If I push up on it I can feel the glue hold and then let go. Also need to fix the rearview mirror that tilts downward on its own. These little things are so irritating.

#18 ·
They're irritating; I totally agree with you, Yellow06saleen. Have you talked to your Customer Service Manager about these issues? Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll escalate this for you.

I'm getting a rattle from the stereo, it's coming from the little red light on the passenger side door. It stops if light pressure is applied. It's actually loud enough to really disrupt the quality of the stereo. No buzz from the red light on the driver's side door.
Hi, trahker! Let's see if we can provide an "all stop; quick quiet" solution. [giddy] Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and preferred servicing dealer; I'll forward this info to your Customer Service Manager.

I PM'd my info, but I wasn't seeing a confirmation that it sent and 0/0 message in my sent folder. Hope I didnt spam your inbox.
Got it; I wasn't spammed! I stay away from that canned good at all costs. [rofl] J/K I noticed the PM you just sent me; expect a follow-up message this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Here's a previous thread on the same issue with some possible solutions:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290638
BTW, an easy fix if you have sunglasses rattling in the holder is simply rotate them in the holder. I ended up putting mine in so they rest in the holder upside down (putting the lenses facing down while putting them in), and that stopped them from rattling around in there.
Thanks for the link and advice, guys! [:)] I'm sure these will come in handy.

Have a great day,

Thomas

#15 ·
Slight buzz\rattle

I'm getting a rattle from the stereo, it's coming from the little red light on the passenger side door. It stops if light pressure is applied. It's actually loud enough to really disrupt the quality of the stereo. No buzz from the red light on the driver's side door.

#16 ·
#17 ·
BTW, an easy fix if you have sunglasses rattling in the holder is simply rotate them in the holder. I ended up putting mine in so they rest in the holder upside down (putting the lenses facing down while putting them in), and that stopped them from rattling around in there.

#19 ·
You guys are complaining about road noise on the sunglasses visor .... I put a 15 in the hatch with 2500 watts rms so there is a little vibration noise coming from the plastic control assembly. Understatement! Any way I need a way to fix it. Ps the sun visors vibrate so much they pop out of the clips and then hang. I'll fix that later just gotta get rid of that noise! Oh and if I push up on it it completely goes away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.