Focus Fanatics Forum banner

HID headlight features

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  giles007 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm picking up my new ST tomorrow afternoon, and of course I've been reading everything there is to know about the car beforehand. One thing I was wondering about was the HID headlights. They said there is a LED accent with cornering assistance? Does anyone know what that means? I mean, I see where the LED's have a strip at the top that I'm assuming is DRL or just come on with the headlights but what cornering assistance do they offer? Any help is appreciated!

#3 ·
Those cornering lights should be a nice feature to have. I've been driving my father's car recently (which is equipped) and I'm enjoying them.

#4 ·
The cornering lamps are one of the reasons I wanted the HIDs in the ST3.

I've seen reports that you can enable the eyebrow LEDs as DRLs, and also reports that you can't. Seems to depend on when the car was built, or which version of the programming software your dealer has, or who knows what. Maybe some obscure US regulations somewhere. You could no doubt take matters into your own hands and rewire the electrical harness, but that's too much trouble for me.

#9 · (Edited)
First impressions a lot to take in after driving MK1 Foci especially all the electronics lol, Anyways driving it I love it mind you I have only driven it 12 km as of today. And same as erogers very impressed with the lighting even better than my ZX3 that has HID .Yeah had a bit of snow on the side streets coming home ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.