Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,979 ·
Need Some Carfax Help

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in the middle of a deal to purchase a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium for my wife. The dealer needs to cleanup the car an replace a the Window pieces as they have deep scratches. I went to Carfax and put in the Vin number just because. No specific reason. However, it states that there are 4 reported items.
Can someone who has an unlimited CARFAX Account assist before I have to shell-out $30.00 for the report? It may be nothing, but want piece of mind. Will be a problem for me if car was in an accident or previously registered. The deal will be Final on Sunday if the report checks out.

Vin# 1FADP3J27EL222223

Regards and Thank You.
KazzyWazzy

#1,980 ·
If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in the middle of a deal to purchase a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium for my wife. The dealer needs to cleanup the car an replace a the Window pieces as they have deep scratches. I went to Carfax and put in the Vin number just because. No specific reason. However, it states that there are 4 reported items.
Can someone who has an unlimited CARFAX Account assist before I have to shell-out $30.00 for the report? It may be nothing, but want piece of mind. Will be a problem for me if car was in an accident or previously registered. The deal will be Final on Sunday if the report checks out.

Vin# 1FADP3J27EL222223

Regards and Thank You.
KazzyWazzy
Not sure I'd buy a used 2014, could be a trouble car if someone dumped it so soon.

#1,984 ·
Hoping for some assistence

Hello all! Newbie here, but not to car-specific forums, but i wanted to throw around some info for our sales guys and see what way to proceed.

I currently have a 2013 honda civic, and while not as much of a drivers car as the focus, has served me well and been relatively easy to own.

However, i'm a hatchback fan, and have always been a fan of the focus, even moreso after this gen came out.

I wasnt looking to trade out ( i currently carry about 5k in negative equity in the civic) but seeing how deeply discounted the new focus' are led me to think i could improve my situation, even if only a little.

I'm looking for an se with the sport package, (powershift auto, sportseats, 16 inch painted grey wheels) and have had lots of dealers in the area straight up offering them for 5-7k off sticker (making them anywhere from 16-17k)

Even factoring negative equity, this would leave me leaving the dealer with around sticker or slightly more financed, as opposed to several thousand more like i did with my civic.

I have so so credit, but my cosigner (who would be primary) has awesome credit (750 credit score on all all 3 reporting agencies)...are these incentives plus the 0% financing available at the same time? or are dealers only given the choice of one or the other?

does it depend on how desperate they are to get these off lots? i've heard conflicting things, even from within the same dealership.

Thanks in advance![burnout]

#1,985 ·
Here is my situation and question:

I can buy using the A-Plan. A week ago, I test drove two models (2015 Fiesta and 2014 Focus) and decided I liked the Focus better. With the current incentives, the price becomes comparable to get the 2014 Focus.

That dealer does not have the car with the options that I want. The salesman says that there is a dealership 100 miles away that has one coming in that matches my specs, plus has the "winter package" for another $495. I talk it over with my family and we agree that it's OK to pay the additional amount. The salesman writes out the form with the VIN number of that car that's coming into the other dealer's inventory, and I charge a deposit of $1000 on my credit card. I failed to ask what the smallest deposit I'd have to put down for this "dealer trade" or "dealer swap" (in some forum posts here, I saw $500). I thought that $1,000 would show my commitment to go with the salesman that has been helping me with the test drives and not go up to the other dealership.

Well, I also told him that I wanted to finance the car with Ford Credit because there's a $1000 incentive on that. The finance manager calls me today and says that I must sign the finance paperwork *now* before he sends his "runner" the 100 miles to get the car. However, the car with that VIN number isn't even at its destination dealership yet! It is still on the train somewhere.

When I asked the finance manager "what if I changed my mind and didn't do financing but paid cash?", he says that I'd have to pay the entire cash amount *now* before the car even arrives at the destination dealership, and before they send someone up to get it.

This sounds wacky to me -- why would I pay 100% for a car when I haven't even seen it? When the runner could get into a collision accident on his way from the other dealership?

So my questions are:
- Is asking the customer to pay 100% of the amount on the purchase form to the local dealer really a requirement of the standard "dealer trade" process with another dealer?

- If I went ahead and paid the 100% amount to the local dealer in advance of him going to get it, what protections do I really have if the runner guy gets into an accident? Does the whole deal get unwound because they could not deliver the car to me?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.