Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Power window problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shane_c 
#1 ·
I installed my new OEM upgrade speakers yesterday and when I tried to put the rear, drivers side window down it wouldn't work. I tried both the main switch and the switch on the back door and neither would make it go down. I took the panel off the driver door again and checked to make sure no wires came loose it all looked okay. [dunno] If something was disconnect in the drivers door would that prevent the switch on the door in question from working? I don't know for sure if the window would go down prior to me doing the speakers because it hasn't warmed up until now so I had no need to put it down. FWIW the other 3 windows work fine.

#3 ·
I had a Focus I was selling. Guy came to look at it and I assured him everything on the car worked, because it did.....until he got there to look at it. He was trying out all the power windows when BAM!!!! The left rear one was half way up and just quit.....it stopped.....the motor went bad in an instant like that.
You need to somehow check voltage to the motor when you press the switch, or, just turn your key on, hit the switch, and watch your dome light....if it dims slightly or kinda flickers when you press the window switch, that means power is flowing but the window motor won't run, and you have your diagnosis. It's a hillbilly way to diagnose, but it works.
If you were in there doing speakers though, it could be something you missed if it worked before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.