Focus Fanatics Forum banner

koke's turbo kit build

28K views 186 replies 20 participants last post by  jinstall 
#1 · (Edited)
ok some of u guys already know who i am, some dont lol first of all i used to had a 08 focus but it was stolen awhile ago so i fund a 05 st with alot of goodies (cossie cai, cossie im, magnaflow 2.5 exhaust, f2 header tuned by fswerks) for very cheap, anyways i was gonna turbo my 08 focus so i got some parts and decided to turbo my st as well :) here is the parts i got and have:

*3" magnaflow exhaust
*vaccum manifold
*fswerks intercooler
*60lbs siemens inyectors
*synapse bov
*intercooler pipping from ebay 2.5" hotside, 3" cold side
*diablo sport mafia
*turbo smart ultragate 38 wastegate
*ebay cast turbo manifold for a mazda3
*holset hx35 turbo
*exedy stage2 clutch with lightweight flywheel
*oil sandwich plate for oil feed line
*3" custom down pipe (cut and tack by me welded by a muffler shop)
*aem wideband
*jdm (ebay) boost gauge
*custom t25 to t3 turbo adapter

here are some pictures of the setup at the moment everything is bolted in and installed

much up and install of the intercooler on early stages

cold side with bov

hotside

godspeed turbo i was gonna use vs holset hx 35

wastegate turbosmart ultragate

sandwich plate installed

down pipe early stage

dp painted and welded

dp wraped

o2 bung

manifold with custom adapter

bov

turbo with sandwich plate

turbo kit finished

dp muck up fit test

wg

intake

See less See more
#145 ·
Yeah man im really happy now is time to build the engine lol

#149 ·
It hits @ like 3.8k ish but I raised the redline to 7.5k rpms so is a very good power band and yeah saleen#89 thats why I got this turbo is the first focus with a holset

#152 ·
Yea, you have to wait another week. Too much sand on the track. Wind was gett bad around noon friday.

#153 ·
Yeah I know man that sucks but its ok lol cant wait to see my new time in the 1/4 :D but maybe ill go tomorrow to run the car in juarez there is an event there

#156 ·
I have the 7 blade hx35 and I saw a 12cm exhaust housing but I read that housing is the one that come with the 7 blade but I don't really know for sure

#158 ·
Look for info on the dsm forums I I read that the 12cm is for better spooling times and depends in the turbo manifold so It can be restrictive or not

#159 ·
The 7blade hx35 has a 54mm compressor inducer. This is found on the 1999-2002 cummins manual pickups. The compressor flows 60lb/min according to the compressor map and logged results from a member here. The bolton BEP housing with the hx35 turbine wheel do not SEEM to have enough flow to really reach the potential of 60lb/min. But many have logged over 50lb/min so far and seen 500whp. The stock hx35 12cm^2 twinscroll turbine housing is a t3 flange housing. This mated to a NON-divided runner manifold has produced a 132mph trap speed with a full weight 1g AWD. This is about 600whp. So the flow is there with the stock housing if you use a non-divided manifold. The spool speed of the 7blade hx35 is similar to the 8blade hx35 with 20+ psi by 3500rpms in the bolton housing and by 4000rpms with the stock housing with a non-divided manifold.

#160 ·
That's the same one I was reading. I thought the stock housing was bigger than that. So are you running the 12? I keep seeing the 18 every where but could be wrong. If I get it I plan on swapping the housing out anyway. I'm torn on which turbo to get. I'd like to see how it does on the fs t3 manifold I got.

#162 ·
I think the 8 blade and the hc1 that is practically the hx35 have 16 or 18 cm housings. I want to see the clearance with ur manifold with the alternator and the firewall

#165 ·
Lol at some point I've always want to build a n/a car but here in ep the altitude suck so I should need to use some sort of f/I or I just could run 14s but I don't want to run 14s lol I think after all the build im happy, just waiting to go to the track and piss of some v8 owners lol

#167 ·
Lol yeah and of course is the cheapest way to get hp :)

#169 ·
Yeah I saw that but Im off racing for a while my engine is making a sound most likely rod knock, I have a d20 that im going to put only the bottom end while I get all the stuff to build my d23
Posted via FF Mobile

#170 ·
Damn, now you like me. I hope to have the silver car apart in the next 3 months. In 6 months the blue car should be here from Germany and I will finally have a track rat again.

#171 ·
If u need any help let me know im already getting the parts but im not sure if Im going to build the d20 or d23

Posted via FF Mobile

#174 ·
Yeah I think im going to car parts they have a really good rep
Posted via FF Mobile

#176 ·
I think is the best shop to do that here in ep
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.