Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver

32K views 94 replies 12 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I finally decided to make a new thread for my build progress and questions
Any help is appreciated, any critiques too :D
this is going to be an epic build because it is first time when I mess with car like that
and I'm a software engineer not a car mechanic so sorry for stupid questions :D :D
and I do speak 3 languages so sorry for my grammar or misspelling although who cares right?

my parts list:
1) a brand new zetec engine block with supertech pistons and eagle rods and stock crank balanced for 9 k rpm)
2) Ford Racing head with a Crower valve springs and TITANIUM retainers installed
4) Crower turbo grind cam gears - will need to buy
5) AEM adjustable cam gears
6) Gates timing belt
7) 2000 zetec Intake manifold + Focus Sport 70 mm TB
8) Torsen LSD for MTX-75 - need to install
9) Diablo Mafia
10) Focus Power DIY turbo kit
11) turbo charger - probably garrett 28rs or turbonetics super 60
12) CFM billet oil pump gears
14) SAMCO blue engine coolant hose kit

Looking to get 300 - 350 hp at the 7 k rpm for now and then will see if will go with a different setup and diff hp levels and drag race it

an original 20 K miles engine is out of the car and will not touch it for now- will keep it as replacement. Currently building my new engine with all the parts above.

And yeah I got my hands on FOCUS RS body parts: bumpers and arches the only piece is missing is side skirts

See less See more
#40 · (Edited)
ok so this is what I have been using in order to exchange valve springs and retainers that came on ford racing head with crower stiff valve springs and titanium retainers

it was a bit of pain at first 2-3 springs to put those stupid keepers back in its place but after some tricks it turned to be easy
- you will need a flat screwdriver that has some magnetic power (i just scratch it a couple of times witha big magnet )
- tooth pick(1 or 2) to deep it in the engine oild and lube keepers a bit so they become a bit sticky and will stick to valves themselves. I have also used them to fix keepers on valve while attaching keeper that is on the flat screwdriver( magnetically attached )
when you use that tool you will need to compress spring as much as you can and make sure that distance between valve and retainer is enough for keepers a couple of triks and it will be easy to figure it out
if there is any questions you guys can ask me :)
stock vs crower

FR head

stock vs crower

#42 ·
Guys, is there any aluminium thermostat housing for zetec foci ? anyone knows if any company makes them. Have seen a lot of people here on FF who has it but has never had any chance to find/extract that info from them. The stock one is one crappy ever made plastic bs and don't want to deal with this anymore :)

#43 ·
ask jim im sure he could make one since he uses them with his manifolds. also i think top speed is working on one, but that doesnt help right now.

Tim

#47 ·
what's up with top speed? their turbo mani was tempting.. I need a minfold and downpipe that will have a good clearance with stock radiator(i have spa but that - no bueno), I'm still assembling an engine - currently waiting on powdercoating shop to done parts
- valve cover
- crankcase cover
- oil pan
so I will start to assemble that bitch, so damn late on that project :)

#53 ·
Guys - what bolts are used to bolt up oil pan to the cranckcase? and cranckase the engine itself?
starting to placing everything together and have no idea - maybe ford dealer ? but it is damn crazy on the parts web site to find a hardware ..

#54 ·
talk to Steve at Tousley Ford - he drives SVTF and knows Foci inside and out, he should know what kind of bolts you need.

#60 ·
junk yards in az sre not like a regular junk yards - those bastards keep engines untouched and you can't go and look around - and I asked for a windage tray and they wanted a lot more then what I got from one guy on FF and time is not working for me..those junkyards work at the same time as i do and located on the other side of the city - so I figured I'll buy a brand new and won't mess with junk yards

#62 ·
GOT my toys from powder coating company :D and waiting till bolts will arrive so will start to deal with the main things - engine build
valve cover: (also got massive hardware and oil cap for it -the same color)

oil pan tapped for turbo drain already clear and shiny :D :

windage tray has been mashined out to make clearance for an arp main studs

#73 ·
I got boostig t-stat housing - that thing is sexy ! I will make some pictures today
also I have been off from my engine build - got 2 foci put on the wheels from a scratch .. in AZ summer time - suxx
one foci is almost back on the wheels and will be my dd until I build engine - another one will be a spare car for now and will sell it later - that one requires a timing job done and engine is on the ground right now - so as soon as I finish these 2 foci - I will I assume move on to the engine build ... pretty complicated :D

#78 ·
Did you get a deal on it or did you have to pay 299 for it?
I saw it on ebay for 229 and I called and said I would get it
they were going to call me back so I could pay with my CC and didnt then a week later they had the price to 299, so I didnt get it.
I emailed them that if it was 229 I would buy one but they never emailed me back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.