Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston 2013 Meet and Greet

8K views 111 replies 17 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alrighty Houston FF Peeps ...

Let's get the new year ringing with new members.

Justin (VonKrause) and I spoke about getting a meet together for January.

And we decided since we are getting a few new members every 2 months, we do a meet and greet meet.

I will update the info on here once we come to a decision.

So at the moment everything is TBA ... I wanted to get some ideas from you guys and make it a feasible thing for all of us to do.
Both in drive and Money.

PLACE: TWIN PEAKS
ADDRESS:
4527 Lomitas Ave.
Houston, TX 77098
TIME: 12PM
DATE: SUNDAY 13 2013

So, Justin and I will be looking for something somewhat in the loop so that those who live quite far, won't have to drive to too far.

I was actually thinking close to 610 and 45 because a majority of us live off of the South West side and other majority live either in the North or South part of the East.

So that's what I am thinking.

So, ring in your ideas peeps and we will get a meet together.

Ray

**INFO UPDATED**

Time set just before the Texans game, and we can watch the game there.

HEAD COUNT:
1) TukaniSVT (Ray)
2) 71shadow (Travis)
3) SvviftSVT (Daniel)
4) sleepyboy (Paul ...if wife doesn't go into labor)
5) Blue5ive (Donald...Actually making it)
6) VonKrause (Justin) ... looking for a ride
7) miscreant (Doug) For a bit
8) Slo86GT (possible after working on wife's car)
9)

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, we are talking local at the moment ... You know the time for TX RoundUp is coming up again.

Planning something for all of TX, I assume, is also in the works.

Ray

#5 ·
Well depending on how far away I have to go, it most likely be worth the drive! Heck I made the drive to Houston to pick up the cobra and it wasn't so bad! Would like to meet up with you again, I had a blast @ focusfest with ya! Also will depend On what time and day you pick as well.

#11 ·
How about this:

Wings -N- More
7620 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024

We can hit that a bit off hours some weekend (4-5pm early dinner) and not be all up in peoples way with a bigger party. Then whatever after. There's stuff to do everywhere around there.

#15 ·
Twin Peaks is a great place. But need to check on parking. The last time I went it was hell to park.

Ray

#16 ·
I'm down for whatever. Hopefully i get my axles done by then

#18 ·
Apparently I can actually make this as I was scheduled off that weekend for some reason. So either day works for me. Sunday looks best so everyone can make it from what I've read so far.

Only thing I ask is we keep not having these last minute. I don't have the luxury of having weekends off. My busiest days at work are the weekends so to be off on one of those days I need to request off at least 3+ weeks in advance or I can't make it. Maybe if going forward we get back to the fixed monthly date(2nd sunday ?)that away people can plan ahead and we can maximize participation. I'm sure this was the original idea for last years.

#19 ·
Hence why I brought this up now for discussion.

We use to be good at setting up the times for meets ... and I am sorry that I have dropped that ball as well. So, here's to a new 2013 year and getting the meets better organized.

Ray

#20 ·
Raymond don't beat your self up over it...let us do that [smackbum] [giddy]

Besides any time we've try we were all busy or doing something. After the last meet it was nice to see everybody again and gave us the kick in the butt to do it again like we used too. Plus with all the new local members popping up weekly now it's a new kind of awesomeness

#22 ·
oh yea, same here unless we meet somewhere to watch it all together. If we do that we need to make sure we get there very early so we can have some seats. I had to wait a long time at one of the last couple of games recently.

#23 ·
Hmm ... if the Texans game is at a local place we can fit in ... that would be a nice get together.

Ray

#24 ·
Could be fun.
Hell, i just wanna get together...

I remember my first meet and greet turned into a install meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.