Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Make me a parts list

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SlateTheGreat 
#1 ·
Hey all!

So I have an 08 sedan that's due for a good amount of maintenance so I plan on upgrading as I go. I want this little car to be the best canyon carver it can be so I want to revamp the suspension as much as possible.

I want to do coilovers, sway bars, poly bushings, and camber/toe arms as necessary. I'm planning on running 17x9 et 30 (or so, correct me on the offset if that won't work) Team Dynamics 1.2 with hankook ventus tires (no stretch, meaty stance). EDIT: silver car, should I do black/gold/white wheels?

What I'm looking for is a list of brands and where to buy them of all the parts you would suggest for the upgrades above! Thank you all in advance for helping me compile this. I'm planning on doing i/h/e/t as well for the power side of it.

#2 ·
those wheels are close to the right offset , but you will have issues with your fenders. (6mm closer to strut, 44mm closer to fender). Especially if you want meaty stance, which would call for a 245/40R17 tire. An easier fit would be 17x8 40mm.

#7 ·
For the rear camber arms I Like the Sure motorsports one's. Don't forget about getting the boots for the cfm arms & toe-links. I'd pass on the poly bushing kit for the rear. What sway bars are you going w/? Eibach has f22mm/r25mm.

#11 ·
I was planning on keeping the stock front bar and adding the rear SVT that I have in my garage. If not I was going to do the eibach kit

I find it hilarious that links to FSWerks are blocked.

... Anyways, don't waste your money on any lower braces. If doesn't matter if its a 2 point, or a 4 point, or a 15 point. The only thing those are good for is as a skid plate of sorts for being low.

Likewise, tubular control arms aren't going to add anything to the mix beyond what a good set of camber plates will do. In fact, you'll actually loose inside wheel clearance as you adjust camber inwards.

Bigger isn't better when it come to sway bars either, especially on a road like GMR where there are a lot of undulations and decreasing radius turns. Sway bars should be the last thing you do so you can fine tune the car. Your best bet is to try to find an Auto-X-ZTS rear bar that is adjustable. A 25mm rear bar on that road will suck, you can count on that.

Save the money spent on the tubular brace and control arms and put a differential in. That will far outweigh any benefit those two parts could bring.
Yea talking to Sean yesterday I got rid of the tubular arms. What kind of camber plates do you recommend?

And yea I was going to do the brace last if I had left over stuff. Are there any diffs for an automatic?

Just to add the lower bar do more than a strut tower bar does.
Right, nothing plus a little is better than absolutely nothing.

[;)]
You raise a far point :)

#8 ·
I find it hilarious that links to FSWerks are blocked.

... Anyways, don't waste your money on any lower braces. If doesn't matter if its a 2 point, or a 4 point, or a 15 point. The only thing those are good for is as a skid plate of sorts for being low.

Likewise, tubular control arms aren't going to add anything to the mix beyond what a good set of camber plates will do. In fact, you'll actually loose inside wheel clearance as you adjust camber inwards.

Bigger isn't better when it come to sway bars either, especially on a road like GMR where there are a lot of undulations and decreasing radius turns. Sway bars should be the last thing you do so you can fine tune the car. Your best bet is to try to find an Auto-X-ZTS rear bar that is adjustable. A 25mm rear bar on that road will suck, you can count on that.

Save the money spent on the tubular brace and control arms and put a differential in. That will far outweigh any benefit those two parts could bring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.