Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cell phone mounts.. let's see what you got?!

177K views 213 replies 104 participants last post by  StLCards 
#1 ·
I have a Ram Mount system on my motorcycle..
And was thinking of doing something similar for the car (I use my iPhone as GPS).

Here is what the setup looks like on my moto:

Anyone have anything pictures/details of their car setup?
I'm looking for some creative ideas.
I am also looking to avoid the suction cup setup.

See less See more
#133 ·
Maybe not exactly related, but has anyone tried mounting a qi wireless charger somewhere? That flat spot in front of the stereo's sync screen seems like an awfully inviting place to have a wireless charger hardwired under it. The phone would have to lie flat and not be usable for what you guys are doing, but this seems to be the closest thread I can find that would be related to an install like that.

#138 ·
#140 ·
9.00 at ross stores, swivel ball face, and suction mount. This was original location, I liked it there, but until I run a fuse tap with a micro usb charger up through the a-pillar, it currently resides parallel with my rearview mirror fits nicely, and my power cord still reaches(i don't mind the cord)

#141 · (Edited)

Attachments

#144 ·
Well I'm glad you figured it out because I honestly couldn't tell you. I just kept trying bits until one worked lol.

It's great though. It works really well so far and for the price it's hard to beat. I just didn't want something suction cupped or glued onto my dash or center console so this was perfect.

#151 ·
Uh.......... So, the rod fits tightly in the hole?

*bites lip until it bleeds* im sorry, my 10yr old brain just won't let me reapond in any way thats not dirty.... I blame lack of sleep...

#158 ·
Just got this new mount. My old one didn't fit my new iPhone 6 plus so I ordered this one online and screwed it into my dash where the old one was. The company also sells kits that attach to the dash via clips over the vent without requiring screws but my old one was screwed in so I just decided to not use the kit. The company is ProClip. I got it off their website. They have lots of videos and detailed instructions for installation. Great company and products. They also have multiple holders for phones, for phones with cases and phones without cases. It's legit. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel City car

#162 ·
Just got this new mount. My old one didn't fit my new iPhone 6 plus so I ordered this one online and screwed it into my dash where the old one was. The company also sells kits that attach to the dash via clips over the vent without requiring screws but my old one was screwed in so I just decided to not use the kit. The company is ProClip. I got it off their website. They have lots of videos and detailed instructions for installation. Great company and products. They also have multiple holders for phones, for phones with cases and phones without cases. It's legit.

Posted proclip up a few months ago.. I love mine. Actually I have all 3 options, the a pillar and both vent mounts. I have other items I have mounted too.

#161 ·
What do u mean supported it on 3 sides? And safe from what? I assume safe from the phone somehow falling off? Literally my car would have to flip multiple times b4 the phone would come out. It's a very secure setup

#163 ·
What do u mean supported it on 3 sides? And safe from what? I assume safe from the phone somehow falling off? Literally my car would have to flip multiple times b4 the phone would come out. It's a very secure setup

I had never bought a mount before and didn't know how well they were held in place. But I see now.

3 sides just seems better for me to use. But 2 sides would be fine looking back I think.

#166 ·
Sunday at an autocross I had trouble getting my window mount to work. It's always a pain.

Then I realized I could get a better camera angle if I zip tied it to my rear view mirror.

Didn't come off pulling >1g.

iPhone 5 in a rubber case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.