Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FocusFest 2011 TX Caravan Thread

14K views 132 replies 24 participants last post by  captcomputer 
#1 ·

Okay guys ... Along with FocusRising coming up ... Let's start up a FocusFest Caravan thread as well. [thumb]

Let's pull TX together and create a huge drive up North ... twice for those of you also going to FocusRising.

We can show the FF members that TX keeps it Big.

Here is the info for FOCUSFEST 2011
from the FocusFest Thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249275

Focus Fanatics is very happy to announce that we're bringing the "Fest" to Bluegrass Raceway in Owingsville, KY for 2011.
Date: August 13th, 2011
674 Wells Road
Owingsville, KY 40360
Directions: Google
606-210-3814 OR 954-655-7787

Hotel Lodging:
Super 8 Hotel Morehead
602 Fraley Drive
Morehead, KY 40351
Directions: Google
Telephone: (606) 784-8882

$55.99 (Any Size Room)
(Mention FocusFest for Discounted Rates)

Official Events Schedule:
Friday - August 12th
Hotel Check In / Meet & Greet 06:00 PM to Midnight
Saturday - August 13th
1) Car Show Setup 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
2) Car Show Judging Begins 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
3) Pizza Lunch & Swap Meet 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM
4) Ford Focus Drag Racing 03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
5) SVT vs. ST Part III Race (Closely Modified)
6) Awards Ceremony & Prize Drawings 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
7) FocusFest Dinner Caravan - 06:00 PM (TBA)

Trophies:
1) Best of Show (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2) Best Modified
3) Best Show & Shine
4) Best Track Time (Naturally Aspirated)
5) Best Track Time (Forced Induction)
6) Winner SVT vs. ST Race

Registration Fees:
FREE! - Car Show Registration & Admission (Registration Starts April 1st, 2011)

$20.00 - (Goodie Bag with FF11 T-Shirt)
$20.00 - (Unlimited Drag Racing from 03:00 PM to Closed)

See less See more
#93 ·
Car seems it doesn't want to go. It started popping the Ignition fuse today. I got to replace it 3 times in just under 30 miles of driving today.

I'll have to go over the wiring harness tomorrow with a roll of electrical tape tomorrow.

#105 ·
So far we have 4 for austin and posably a 5th if we want to tow it or make it road trip ready

#110 ·
I believe the word is the Thursday before at the moment ... but we will see as it gets closer.

-Ray-

#113 ·
Yup ... and I am ready for my lone drive ... [:(]

Houston peeps have come to falling off on this. Have had hard times with the guys.

-Ray-

#115 ·
The time is creeping up fast.
Unfortunatly Ben and I are the only two going from the DFdub.

Since we are looking at a 15hour drive from our town we want to make it to Jackson, TN so that there is only like 6 or so left on Friday and we can get there at a reasonable time.

Not liking the idea of 17mpg for this trip[facepalm] but unless I come across some cash to cover a rental I don't have a choice.
I will be glad to park the Mystic in front of the tent though. [driving]

Anyway Ben and I are looking at staying at the La Quinta or something cheap in Jackson [sleeping]so if anyone is up to the extra drive come on up and you can cruise in with us. (3 hour additional from LR, AR so I doubt it)

Get your car ready, carry some extra water and pack a cooler so you don't have to pay additional for drinks and snacks along the way.

Can't wait to get to the 80 degree temps and out of Pheonix(Dallas), TX.

See you guys in Moorehead.[woot]

#116 ·
I will be heading out of Houston around 7 or 8pm ... and I will probably be close around Little Rock around 8AM Friday Morning. I will probably nap there for a moment, that's if I don't catch up to any of you and nap close to the other groups.

I am unfortunately lone-rangering it from Houston ... so I will be a trooper and ride through the night.

I am pretty much packed for the trip too.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.