Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Eibach Pro Springs: Review.

11K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
So if any of you have read my other thread about the ride height difference between an SE with and without the "Optional Sport Package", this may be of use.

I was impressed with the Eibach kit (as I have been with many of my other cars throughout history, but a bit bummed the car is not lower. Sure, it is lower than it was the day I took delivery, and is now lower than even the base model. but I had hoped it would be .8" lower than the standard SE. Close but not enough. However the kit DID come with new bump stops and boots for the dampers. (Nice touch over the old way of "trimming them to fit". All in all, I think I would still hold out for H&R as they typically are a little bit lower than Eibach after everything settles in. Coilovers for me on this particular car are out. I am looking or low cost replacement and zero maint.

We even loosened the control arms and pre-loaded the bushings so it will sit correct when on the ground and well....see for yourself.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that's the perfect drop, I wouldn't want it any lower. I'll have to measure my SE sport w/16" alloys to see if It's your 17's that make you taller than a non-sport SE.

Posted via FF Mobile

#12 ·
Ride is nearly identical to Sport Package. Cannot tell a difference to be honest. I think the Sport Package comes with heavy duty dampers as well (Probably same as Tit model)

The car currently has 5mm spacers and helps the look as well, but still selling the optional 17" rims and tire set as well as some crazy offset (39) 18x8.5s if anyone is interested. Will post it all up as soon as I get enough posts...

#13 ·
Not bad. I wouldn't want it any lower than that.

With the spacers, do they rub at all? I know the 17s are 17x7.5 with a 50mm offset. Most of the wheels recommended by Tire Rack are 38-42mm offset, and I'm wondering just how well they'd fit.

#15 ·
Install was cake. No issues and learned of a pretty slick chassis design under cowl to tighten the body up. No need for Strut Tower Brace in this car...

The spacers I have are 8mm, not 5. No rubbing and to be honest, could use a bit more. Personally, I plan on running a 40 offset on new rims. the 18x8.5 at39 et is flush in the back, slightly poked in the front.

#16 ·
#19 ·
That looks like a good height for a subtle yet effective change. Any shots looking from the front/rear, or a 3/4 shot to show how it sits with the spacers?

#20 ·
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

#27 ·
my H&Rs up front havent settled yet I Guess but the front on my SE Sport is 26" and back is 25.8"

Hope it settles more if not I may have did something wrong on the front where the top spring boot touches maybe I should put the highest point of the spring on the lowest point of the shock mount. it would give me another 3/8" atleast.

#28 ·
I think Eibach pro kit looks nice, thanks for sharing :)

I heard I could have a set for 289 + tx here in Canada... I have a guy here in my place selling a kit with anti roll bars for 450$ cash (I believe he made a mistake ordering and now is stuck with them). They are brand new.
Does it worth the investment into having 4 springs + rear and front sway bar?

#30 ·
I believe not, as I red that they were very similar (pro kit 0.8 in drop) to stock ones...
It might be a little more hard, but not annoying.
I think it would be more annoying for them if you go with sportline (1.5 in drop)..

i'm getting pro kit, as I'll drive my car during winter, and I want it comfy, i'll be able to tell you more precisely soon :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.