Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The DI-Noc Super Thread!!!

37K views 223 replies 44 participants last post by  BoostedFord 
#1 ·
A few of us Second Gen Guys started using Di-noc by 3m to wrap different parts of the interior and it spread like a virus from there! From interior parts to exterior parts we are using this stuff for everything! This is going to be the master thread for di noc! Post any and all pics of your di noc wrapped parts and also any questions or guidance for others(= Thanks Guys!

"What is Di-Noc?"- DI-NOC finishes are the perfect substitute for, or compliment to, more expensive natural and synthetic finishes. With over 600 product variations, it is easy to match existing surfaces.

It is self-adhering and can be applied to virtually any flat or curved surface, including walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, elevator cabs, automobiles, just to name a few.

Examples-

See less See more
1 3
#16 ·
Ya man thats what I was talking about tho, I am sending my trunk to cali so they can make a trunk for me, and as for the hood, it hasnt been shipped yet.

#20 ·
Not a dumb question.
Yes is the answer, manufactures suggest heating the material to close to 200* to change the memory of the material to avoid lifting or tunneling...
also, if you get a wrinkle you can lift the material off, heat it and aslong as it hasnt been heated to 200+ the material will go back to its original memory (see video in the first post!)

#27 ·
Awesome thank you. I didnt want to rush into it and just say blah to the heat gun and get it all ugly and messed up. Glad to took my time to ask a question on this one. Ill post up some pics when I get around to doin this to my car.

#24 ·
Any idea how well it sticks to fabric?

My red SVT door panel inserts are driving me crazy with my Recaros, but I don't want to go all out and remove them to re-cover them...

#34 ·
its not 3M, but its from a company thats local, i think its looks better in person than the 3M does, and it was alot more workable than the 3M IMO

I just did the same part on my 2009 tonight. I know it was a major pain I'm the ass but I would redo yours if I were you. You can see the creases a fair bit. Don't waste your time trying to do it in one piece. I used 2. The separate piece is on the inside of the pillar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.