Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Went to the track again...

4K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  Ripped_06_ST 
#1 ·
ok we went to the local 1/8 mile track again since there isn't any 1/4 mile tracks close around... Well we managed like 16-17 runs... it was mieveil (Ryan) who raced the car... he did a GREAT job!!! The launches were great but the damn tires are almost bald so there was no traction and lots of axle hop.

Well first off, the track is not ideal at ALL... you can ask anyone there and they will tell you the same and most of them have gotten better times at different tracks... much better times without as much effort. Anyways, the only cars he lost to was like a 04 Cobra, 04 GTO, 240 SX(silvia), SRT-4 and a Mazda SpeedMiata. The only reason he lost to the SpeedMiata was because it was rear wheel drive and he kept getting great launches... one of the times he messed the lanch up as the ST did and they both caught at the same time and the Miata couldn't catch up to win... I would say that those two cars would be a good match up if the Miata wasn't RWD.

The rest of the cars he raced he won... which include an Integra, SD_Focus, and many others... [thumb]

Now mind when I state the best time... the tires are almost bald and the track IS NOT ideal at ALL... The best was a 10.070 without anyone in the car but the driver and the spare tire taken out, the rest of the car was all intact... The best run IMO was the one with a passanger and spare tire in and he got a good time of a 10.1 with all that weight so he might have broken a 9.9 if that weight wasn't in the car... [thumb] I am hoping next time I will have the racing tires on the spare rims to get some better traction... [:D]

Ryan also said that the trap speed was kind of high on the 10.070 run so the ST is definately kickin out some good ponies... if I remember correctly he said a normal trap speed for that time was about 72-73 and the ST pulled in a 74.05. [:D]

Anyways the times were very consistant ranging from 10.0 to 10.4... and now for the video's... only a few and they are through tinted glass and on a camera phone... [thumb]

ST vs. Integra with VTEC... not sure what exact motor...
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19331

ST vs. SD_Focus with VERY bad traction
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19381

ST vs. SD_Focus... one of the better runs... [thumb]
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19441

ST vs. some weird older Sentra that had badges readin 2000 GSR [rolleyes] No idea what that means.
http://media.putfile.com/092206-21491

ST vs. Mikes 2004 GTO... I was obviously recording from the passanger side of the GTO... the GTo was badass...
http://media.putfile.com/092206-22301

ENJOY!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
SD_Focus said:
I just watched the videos. Not too bad for a phone camera. Your car sounds nice by the way. My buddy in the car though so too.
thanks, I appreciate that... I don't think it sounds bad at all... it's loud ass hell at full throttle so it's sounds kind of raspy but it's just because it's loud in my opinion. [thumb]

SD_Focus said:
A lot of people there didn't have much respect for the focus.
Yeah and most of the nimrods(sp?) that didn't have respect for the Focus were spectating or got their butts handed to them by either Ryan or you!!! [thumb]

#8 ·
It hurt my ego a bit to get smoked by a civic, because it has never happened to me before. I think the guy ran a 9.2. We ran again but he missed a gear so I got lucky.

My eyes got a little watery when I saw a pair of s2000's there. They are just so beautiful...

#12 ·
svtguy21 said:
SO WHAT mods do you have my svt was running that with cai/exhaust/udp/tune/flywheel
Yeah SD_Focus was right I have intake, exhaust, header, and tune... remember there was no such thing as traction for the ST... Near bald tires just don't cut it at a track that isn't ideal trust me!!!

#14 ·
don' feel bad my chamber is off on my left side so only half the tires grips. you stupid 2.3 l's do so much better with mods than the svt but that is ok. no hating i have gone f/i and not many cars on the forum can smoke me any more, don't get me wrong their are some but not as many as their were.

#17 ·
WickedlyFastST said:
... The best was a 10.07 without anyone in the car but the driver and the spare tire taken out, the rest of the car was all intact...
Well, my best 1/8th on my "old" engine was 10.40 (CAI, Catback only).

That's a diff of .33 seconds.

Figure another .2 or .3 sec. reduction for the 1/4 (and noting that my car was running 16.1 1/4's) ...

And that means you're turning 15.5/15.6 1/4's.

I thought you said that Motor Trend got a 15.7 1/4 out of a totally STOCK ST?

he he ... [;)]
ha ha ... [;)] [;)]
ho ho ... [;)] [;)] [;)]

#18 ·
Re: Re: Went to the track again...

firemanfrank said:

Figure another .2 or .3 sec. reduction for the 1/4 (and noting that my car was running 16.1 1/4's) ...

he he ... [;)]
ha ha ... [;)] [;)]
ho ho ... [;)] [;)] [;)]
Well you probably should be remember traction in 1st gear is was non-exsistant... SD_Focus ran a 9.9 with intake, exhaust, and tune and was spinning also... I know the car is capable of turning 14.7-14.8 quarter mile times if the tires weren't bald and there was a decent track around [thumb]

#19 ·
Re: Re: Re: Went to the track again...

WickedlyFastST said:
... I know the car is capable of turning 14.7-14.8 quarter mile times if the tires weren't bald and there was a decent track around [thumb]
Firefighters have a saying: "Show me!"

When you get some new rubber, take a 2 hr. drive to a 1/4 mile track and let us know what you run.

Otherwise (on that same token) I could state that because it was hot out when I made my runs ...

That my car is actually a mid 13 sec. scorcher!

LOL

#20 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Went to the track again...

firemanfrank said:

he he ... [;)]
ha ha ... [;)] [;)]
ho ho ... [;)] [;)] [;)]
Get motortrend to bring that bone stock ST to this track and see what they run. [8] Several items need to be looked at here. First and foremost, I'm a crappy driver. Secondly, this was the first time driving this car. Lastly, traction on this track sucks balls anyway, is actually slightly uphill, and this was a learning experience, on pretty wore down tires. You're comparing a guy (me) who has drag raced maybe 6 nights in his life in a car he's never sat in to the pros that work for Motortrend.[rolleyes] Good job I guess. Motortrend also claims to have gotten a 3.9 second 0-60 in an Evo XIII, but I suppose that's the norm for an Evo as well, right. [confused] Show me. [:eek:]

#22 ·
you really do have to realize that this track sucks. it is set up in a stadium parking lot and it goes slightly uphill at the end. The launch pad is also pretty lousy. It felt like my tires were greasy. I don't know that an ST could run a 14.7 with those mods but there is deffinitely room for improvement with our 1/8 times. I am willing to take a trip to the nearest 1/4 mile drag strip. Maybe we could organize something with all of the so cal people. Not likely though....

#23 ·
Yes they are capable of running a 14.7 with those mods... y2kpedo ran a 15.8 quarter at like 6000 feel elevation and when converted, if he was at sea level the car woulda done a 14.7 give or take a few hundreths... [thumb]

Here is his sig...

05' Pitch black ST
Click here for NM G2Gs
Pm for more details
Best 1/4 mile: 15.82@87.0. According to the NHRA, ~14.783@93.18MPH sea lvl corrected

#24 · (Edited)
WickedlyFastST said:
Yes they are capable of running a 14.7 with those mods... y2kpedo ran a 15.8 quarter at like 6000 feel elevation and when converted ... the car woulda done a 14.7[thumb]
Here is y2k's mods:
F2 intake
Cossi headers/flex
BS delete
Marcy's Xcal 2
Tein S tech springs
upper front strut bar

What's you list of mods? Air intake, header, and exhaust?

Here's what focuszxt got with his turbocharged focus:

focuszxt
turbo '02/silver zx3:
60'........ 2.353
330'...... 6.563
1/8....... 9.432
MPH...... 78.07
1000'.... 12.216
1/4........ 14.564
MPH...... 96.06

We're talking low/mid 9 sec. 1/8 mile times at 78 mph for a mid 14 sec. 1/4 mile.

See what I mean?

#25 ·
firemanfrank said:
Here is y2k's mods:
F2 intake
Cossi headers/flex
BS delete
Marcy's Xcal 2
Tein S tech springs
upper front strut bar

What's you list of mods? Air intake, header, and exhaust?

Here's what focuszxt got with his turbocharged focus:

focuszxt
turbo '02/silver zx3:
60'........ 2.353
330'...... 6.563
1/8....... 9.432
MPH...... 78.07
1000'.... 12.216
1/4........ 14.564
MPH...... 96.06

We're talking low/mid 9 sec. 1/8 mile times at 78 mph for a mid 14 sec. 1/4 mile.

See what I mean?
I have every mod that y2kpedo has expect for the BS delete... sorry that you can't believe that the ST will turn a 14.7 quarter. [:)] I mean he must have lost a good .5 seconds with crappy traction the ST had...

#26 ·
WickedlyFastST said:
I have every mod that y2kpedo has expect for the BS delete... sorry that you can't believe that the ST will turn a 14.7 quarter. [:)]
I'm just sorry that you can't get your freakin but to a 1/4 mile track and show me YOUR numbers! [;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.