Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SE Sport owners, sign in!

27K views 219 replies 105 participants last post by  Sean05 
#1 ·
Now that Ford's changed the model lineup and removed the SE Sport Package, we're officially a rare breed!
(Along with those SEL owners, but the SE can now be configured to SEL levels so whatever)

No more 5-speed with sport cloth seats (and 60/40 split rear), leather steering wheel and upgraded suspension. In fact, our seats are now only available in the ST!

The only way to get rear disc brakes, a leather steering wheel and 60/40 split rear seatbacks is to upgrade to 201A, which also adds leather seats and 17" wheels – and bumps the price of the car to $22,525!

I, for one, am glad I picked up my car when I did. [wiggle]

#3 ·
Here! Unfortunately the sedan doesn't have 60/40. However I have not found a need to even put the seat down in the 1 year 1 month I've had mine.

#4 ·
I wouldn't have had my Focus any other way but SE Sport, cloth, w/manual. The fabric on the seats grabs and holds so much better than any cloth I've owned before. I'm sooo glad I bought a Job 2 2012 and didn't wait 'til 2013!

#6 ·
I am very happy I got the SE I did and it's nice to see there won't be a ton more out there like it and it's one of the few times buying the first model year seems to have paid off plus the candy red is gone too.

#9 ·
Candy blue, SE Sport Package and 5 speed I wonder how many are out there.
I know of a least one more. I tested one exactly like mine but with the moonroof but I didn't think it was worth the extra money, was trying to get the car as cheap as possible. Now I kind of wish I had got it because of wind buffeting issues when the windows are open. It might have cured the problem.

#10 ·
Now I kind of wish I had got it because of wind buffeting issues when the windows are open. It might have cured the problem.
It doesn't much, IMO. Actually, that is really the only gripe I have with the car--it seems like the b-pillar is located perfectly to direct wind right into the side of my head. The moonroof helps a little, but not really any more than just opening the rear windows. My '01 ZX3 (with moonroof) had zero buffeting, and the main difference is that the b-pillar was way back behind my head.

#11 ·
Suspension issues aside, I am totally glad I went for the Focus when I did. I was also super lucky to have the exact car I wanted available to me without ordering. SE 203A w/5MT & Sport Package in Blue Candy, with no other options.

If I waited another year, I would not be getting a Focus, that's plain and simple. I don't care for leather seating surfaces at all.

#13 ·
Personally I like the buffeting. I open the windows because i want a breeze, and it's nice to be able to control how strong it is with the rear windows. Keep them up for a powerful breeze that cools me off, or put them down to make it gentler.

#14 ·
I hate the buffeting. I always put my rear passenger side window down at least a few inches to cure it.

#22 ·
I guess I fall in to this bracket as well. Se sport five speed , no sync, sunroof, or any fancy features lol

#23 ·
I got 2 SE Sport HBs. One 5sp and one DCT. No MFT or Sync just the 201A for CC. They both clunk a little with a passenger but waiting for Ford to have a fix before I start down that road since they are not getting any worse.

I thought the Sport package was a no brainer for the $695. Wheels, disc brakes, seats (I love), leather on the steering wheel and shifter, suspension (I love), select shift on the DCT. The wife never has and never will use Select Shift but I found it VERY useful in the New Mexico mountains (Gila Wilderness).

Unless someone just hated the seats (personal preference) I never understood why anybody that had a choice skipped the Sport option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.