Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#28,981 ·
I need strip my RS wing I painted 10 months ago cuz the paint/clearcoat never fully hardened. I can still imprint it with my fingernail. I even laid the wing on a bed in spare room and after a few days the sheets which were not smooth(had a few wrinkles) left marks in the surface of the paint. I couple mirror caps I painted....same thing. Paint is not fully hardened. This was paint from the same place you ordered from. I just can't believe after 10 months it still isn't hard enough to resist a mild fingernail imprint or freaking sheets for that matter. I have tried emailing them on several occasions with nice polite emails but they won't respond. Hope you have better luck with their paint.

#28,982 ·
I need strip my RS wing I painted 10 months ago cuz the paint/clearcoat never fully hardened. I can still imprint it with my fingernail. I even laid the wing on a bed in spare room and after a few days the sheets which were not smooth(had a few wrinkles) left marks in the surface of the paint. I couple mirror caps I painted....same thing. Paint is not fully hardened. This was paint from the same place you ordered from. I just can't believe after 10 months it still isn't hard enough to resist a mild fingernail imprint or freaking sheets for that matter. I have tried emailing them on several occasions with nice polite emails but they won't respond. Hope you have better luck with their paint.
Oh.... rut row... well I'll give it a week to harneded... so hopefully...

#28,983 ·
Yeah, next time I'm going to wait before I clear anything. Never had a problem doing wheels but those side skirts just aint coming out right. I'll probably just buy some strait up automotive paint from the auto paint store here in town. It's where I got the paint for Ole' Yeller when I painted it's bumper. I just didn't want to deal with all those fumes. The wife was NOT happy since the smell came into the house through the garage, but this time I would spray it outside instead and just let them dry in the garage.

#28,984 ·
The fumes can be a pain for sure.

I just can't believe after 10 months bed sheets can leave imprints in the paint/clearcoat. Kinda why I haven't installed it yet. Think I'm gonna strip it completely down. Then spray some SEM adhesion promoter, then prime and use paint from a different company and use a 2k urethane clearcoat instead of regular and see how it goes. If it comes out well then I may do the skirts and bumpers.

#28,986 ·
Nice meeting Mark trece at the Kemah meet. It was mostly me, Travis, and Markx2!

I see KK was hardcore. Wearing his COD hat and his gangsta gas mask!!! [neener]

So Mark is 6 AM too early?

#28,988 ·
Damn my boss must be smoking crack. I have to take a Advance Pediatric Life Support class which is WAY out of my league and beyond my job description this week. Not that I couldn't pass it given enough time to study but only two weeks just isn't enough. This is some advance stuff. I just took a pre course exam and I passed the EKG part no problem but the pharmacology and administration was so far beyond me. I'm just a sleep tech I don't want to be a nurse or a paramedic. Hell I don't even want to be doing this in 5 years..

#28,991 ·
Drinking bloody Mary's with the roommat and watching resident evil. Lol

#28,994 ·
Nice meeting Mark trece at the Kemah meet. It was mostly me, Travis, and Markx2!

I see KK was hardcore. Wearing his COD hat and his gangsta gas mask!!! [neener]

So Mark is 6 AM too early?
And a ghosts t shirt :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.