Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Stock egr stuck!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Magus2727 
#1 ·
So i purchased a header and flex. the header has had the flange cut so i talked to a exhaust buddy and he said if i put the header on he would welt an ORP in theory from the header to the new flex....my problem is i can get every bolt off except the one from the egr to the cat....i tried wd-40 and pb blaster still stuck on there...any other tips to get it off without pulling it off the intake? my new headers have an egr bung thus i dont want to remove it for tune purposes. thanks :)

#4 ·
If it is on the header, cut the header and put the piece in a vice and spray the hell out of it with wd-40 or blaster. If not, spray it and leave it overnight, hook two wrenches together for leverage, and give it hell. If you do end up replacing the egr pipe, you might be better off for it as they tend to get clogged and it's not an expensive piece.

Posted via FF Mobile

#5 ·
the factory EGR connection is between the CAT and the matting flange. get a torch and head that sucker up to be red hot and then try to remove it. if still does not work after it cools a bit down but hot get a birthday candle and "wick" the wax into the threads and then try to remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.