Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SE Sport owners, sign in!

27K views 219 replies 105 participants last post by  Sean05 
#1 ·
Now that Ford's changed the model lineup and removed the SE Sport Package, we're officially a rare breed!
(Along with those SEL owners, but the SE can now be configured to SEL levels so whatever)

No more 5-speed with sport cloth seats (and 60/40 split rear), leather steering wheel and upgraded suspension. In fact, our seats are now only available in the ST!

The only way to get rear disc brakes, a leather steering wheel and 60/40 split rear seatbacks is to upgrade to 201A, which also adds leather seats and 17" wheels – and bumps the price of the car to $22,525!

I, for one, am glad I picked up my car when I did. [wiggle]

#127 ·
Focus Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased a 2012 Focus SE Sport, Ingot Silver, 6 speed auto w/SST, black & gray cloth sport interior, sync and 17" wheels & tires.

I have had it for 2 weeks and so far no issues. I stumbled across this forum and decided to join hoping it will be a wealth of information. This is my first Ford vehicle that I have owned and I hope it will last for some time.

For some reason I cannot post attachments to this thread, so I have attached a link to see photo's of my Focus...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.493418560669248.118545.100000033248114&type=1&l=1978f9a55f

Best Regards,
Dave

#130 ·
Wow, look at all the Sterling Gray SE Sport's! It took me about 3 weeks to find a Sterling Gray SE Sport Sedan the way I wanted it opted out and everyone I talked to about it thought I should get Blue Candy or Race Red instead. I like those colors on the 5-door better but my first choice for either body was Gray. I love this color on the Gen III Focii....

#138 ·
Blue Candy Metallic SE HB

Got mine on Z Plan. Sticker was $21565. My price $19474. Picked it up at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills, CA. Got the windows tinted at Coastline Motosports in Woodland Hills, CA. Equipment Group 203A, 6 Speed Select Shift and SE Sport Package with the 16" wheels. I can't believe this is the same company that made my 1998 ZX2. I love this car. Got lots of room for the car seat in the back seat and stroller in the hatch.

#139 · (Edited)
Stars4jon wrote: "I can't believe this is the same company that made my 1998 ZX2."

My wife and I have been married for 15 years and we have gone through a lot of new cars. We have purchased one Honda, one Nissan, one Scion, three Subarus, two Toyotas, and now three Fords (Ranger Sport, Fusion, Focus) in a row.

I have always been an import guy, but Ford has been on such a roll lately that my wife and I saw no need to even LOOK at those other manufactures again.

Several years ago if someone would have told me that in 2012 I would rather buy a new Ford than another new Honda, Subaru, or Toyota, I would have told them that they were crazy.

What really ticks me off is that our beloved mint condition 1993 Honda Del Sol with only 90K original miles on it was totaled in an accident two months ago and there is no way that it can be replaced for what the insurance company thought was a "fair settlement" for what they referred to as "an almost 20 year old Honda".

This picture makes me kinda sad because the Scion xB was totaled when a tree fell on it during severe weather and this is the Del Sol that was totaled in an accident.

#140 ·
What really ticks me off is that our beloved mint condition 1993 Honda Del Sol with only 90K original miles on it was totaled in an accident two months ago and there is no way that it can be replaced for what the insurance company thought was a "fair settlement" for what they referred to as "an almost 20 year old Honda".
No offense man, but it was an almost 20 year old Honda...Civic...the heaviest of all the Civics. Insurance companies don't value sentiment.

#152 ·
@ Seriously Focused. Thanks for the compliment! The one I wanted had the roof. Couldn't buy it at the time. There were three other s of the same color. One electric, one Titanium and an SE with Leather. I wanted this setup and was seriously considering, Ingot, Sterling and Frosted Glass. Backups were Red Candy, Race Red, Sonic and the two whites. I couldn't get my ZX2 in 98 in Malibu Blue. My second car was a 86 Ford LTD Brougham in Electric Blue with Blue Velour interior. My first was a 85 Mercury Marquis Wagon. Metallic Silver with Red Velour with black out windows. That was my longshor color combo late in the model year for my SE. Ingot Silver with Tuscany Red. Maybe at sometime down the road, if I ever have the money and I find one cheap....

#154 ·
My silver 2012 SE Sport sedan. Purchased in late June 2012 with 9 miles. Vehicle was inventoried at the dealer for six months.

Sport Package and 16" machined wheels are the only options.

Currently with 2,200 miles and no issues.

My first Focus and a new forum member as well.

#158 ·
Seriously Focused wrote: "Off-topic but that is a pretty cool house in the background !!"

It's a rental cabin on top of Lookout Mountain in Mentone, Al. My wife and I were married in Mentone and we go back there three or four times a year and stay in one of the many rental cabins located there.

The cabin is the photo is "Eagles Crest".

http://www.cabinsandrentalsinmentonealabama.com/cabins/cupids-crest.html

#160 ·
Hi! Here's ours on the day we picked it up in March:

Blue Candy
5 speed SE Sport
203A
Interior Protection Package (Mandatory w/ kids)

She's got 'The Clunk' and a couple other mysterious things (entire engine cradle 'wiggles' when I shut it off, maddening rattle in the R side of the dash). I think we'll be saving up for the FRPP suspension, get a couple new strut bearings, and just fix it that way. First mod will be the MS3 MM at her next oil change.

I have some 17" Axis 'Explode' wheels sitting in the garage for her, but I think I'd rather sell those and get the suspension dialed in first, and then some lighter wheels down the road.

This is my 4th Focus since 2000. ;) :D Came 'over here' to visit and learn-up on things since there is a plethora more info about the MK3s.

#165 ·
Just got this Baby 2 weeks ago and I love her

2012 Silver Se 5 door with sport package and 5 speed

http://flic.kr/p/d9KmFw

Plasidiped the fog light bezels and grill, wheels and mirror are next.
My steeda rear sway bar should be here any day now, and Eibach pro kit springs are next on the list.

Did a rear lunch box delete and Love the new tone it makes.

heres a before and after video I made

https://vimeo.com/49085616

Dual exhaust tips hopefully soon as well.

Soo many things I wanna do already.

#166 ·
All in all the 2013 SE's look to be more expensive and the Titaniums less expensive than 2012.
Basically, Ford made MOST of the sport appearance package standard for 2013. The base 2013 SE includes the SA rims and SYNC, but loses the piano black grille, fog lights, and rear disc brakes.

The price of the 2013 SE and the 2012 SE with sport appearance was about the same, but the price of a 2012 SE without sport appearance was a lot less.

Anyway - we just got this for my son, so we're in the club now:

#168 ·
Fair enough. I don't ever do that, but I do wonder why such minor things bother people at times. There's still room to walk past the car in the picture above and I've yet to see a curb that would scrape the stock-height air dam. Had the guy pulled up enough to block the sidewalk or his tires were against the curb, it would bother me too.

#173 ·
I thought the same when we got our sedan, but love the lines more then the 5dr now [thumb] only regret u may get Is for not gettin a 5spd [slap]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.