Focus Fanatics Forum banner

So Ford made a mistake that I'm okay with

10K views 61 replies 25 participants last post by  MyThIc3LiTe 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
I wouldn't, because chances are if they even did something at all they would take the "wrong" right hand side tail lamp and change it for the original, its better to not involve Ford on that front. That is if they would be bothered to fix their build mistakes. I could never get them to fix the left front head lamp being out of alignment to the hood and it taking the paint off of the hood.

The same with the tail lamp fit issue and it taking the paint off the rear quarter panel.

#10 ·
Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you look at the fitment of the doors and panels on the right side of Focii you will notice also the gaps and level of seams suck also. Where these cars are produced for North America must have lousy QC on there builds. Haven't found one yet that has equal fit up of panels.
As for your Euro signal lens... looks good.

#17 ·
haha nice! I love the EU taillights on the 12+ Focus. LED's are the future of lighting!

Where these cars are produced for North America must have lousy QC on there builds. Haven't found one yet that has equal fit up of panels.
Dude, its a Focus not a Bentley. Get a grip.

Reactions: VectorZ
#11 ·
I remember a number of years back a dealership in New Jersey got a shipment of brand new squad cars for the NYPD. Of the twenty or so cars, three said "Grand Marquis" on the back instead of "Crown Victoria" (one even said "Grand Marquis LS"), and one had a Mercury horn button.

#30 ·
The company I worked for some time back got us Dodge Caravans for work.
But when mine was delivered it had a Plymouth Voyager badged steering wheel and glove box with all the Plymouth manuals in it.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, anyone have the PN's for those tail lights?

#13 ·
Yea, the European taillights have the LED accents on them, we don't. Same with their headlights.

Now, if they magically screwed up on the front and gave you both oh my that would be so many levels of win.

#23 ·
Both of mine look like the euro ones. My car was built in June of this year.

*edit* I went out and looked at mine and while they both have the double horizontal bars, they don't seem to light up in anyway, so not sure now if I have them or not. Here's a pic of both sides.

#29 ·
I know what you mean.

This isn't even a case of liking it because you can't have it; they genuinely look better on the car.

Its often the little things that make the car 'better'. Obviously these won't add 250hp and give you a top end of 8 million miles an hour, but they're nice additions.

#35 ·
Are we talking about the tail or head?

If headlight, then no they have no reflectors that are ambered up like ours are.

#41 ·
Yea it uses a 3156 bulb so I can easily see them being a bit too bright for normal usage.

#44 ·
Apparently whoever installs the passenger tail lights at MAP doesn't realize there's a difference. I have a BEV tail on that side too.

Probably just going to have the dealership put the correct one in.

And regarding the reflector concern above, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, not the tail light.

#46 ·
Apparently whoever installs the passenger tail lights at MAP doesn't realize there's a difference. I have a BEV tail on that side too.

Or maybe they ran short on the correct part originating from a still flooded Thai plant or something and air freighted an emergency shipment in of the "wrong" part just to keep the lines running. I used to deliver air freight to all the GM plants in Flint MI years ago and saw such things done aplenty.

#47 ·

And regarding the reflector concern above, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, not the tail light.
So you're on the same boat as me. Are you going to try and ask for a BEV RH light, or do you just want the "correct" light?

#59 ·
I can confirm the need for a resistor on the rear turn signals. I swapped the rear to an LED and now it blinks twice as fast. I just haven't taken the time to wire it yet. [facepalm]
You might want to at least try replacing the standard flasher with an electronic version instead of splicing a resistor into the circuit.
Less chance of the connections screwing up later or the resistor cooking anything nearby with the heat they can, and often do generate.

#60 ·
You might want to at least try replacing the standard flasher with an electronic version instead of splicing a resistor into the circuit.
Less chance of the connections screwing up later or the resistor cooking anything nearby with the heat they can, and often do generate.
True story, and sound advice. [thumb] Do you have a link to anything you have in mind?

#55 ·
Also, these are not EU parts.

The Focus Electric and Focus ST both come with these, the ST3 on the ST I believe, so there's that.

#58 ·
Here in Australia we have led tail lights in the 2 top spec cars (titanium and sport) and the upper red section is the brake light that is incandecent, the lower red section is fog light(both sides) the 2 lower spec models being anbiente and trend have combination tail/brake incandecent in the upper section and no fog lights in the lower section, i believe that when the st gets here it will have the same spec as the titanium and sport do

mrmavx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.