Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Went to the track again...

4K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  Ripped_06_ST 
#1 ·
ok we went to the local 1/8 mile track again since there isn't any 1/4 mile tracks close around... Well we managed like 16-17 runs... it was mieveil (Ryan) who raced the car... he did a GREAT job!!! The launches were great but the damn tires are almost bald so there was no traction and lots of axle hop.

Well first off, the track is not ideal at ALL... you can ask anyone there and they will tell you the same and most of them have gotten better times at different tracks... much better times without as much effort. Anyways, the only cars he lost to was like a 04 Cobra, 04 GTO, 240 SX(silvia), SRT-4 and a Mazda SpeedMiata. The only reason he lost to the SpeedMiata was because it was rear wheel drive and he kept getting great launches... one of the times he messed the lanch up as the ST did and they both caught at the same time and the Miata couldn't catch up to win... I would say that those two cars would be a good match up if the Miata wasn't RWD.

The rest of the cars he raced he won... which include an Integra, SD_Focus, and many others... [thumb]

Now mind when I state the best time... the tires are almost bald and the track IS NOT ideal at ALL... The best was a 10.070 without anyone in the car but the driver and the spare tire taken out, the rest of the car was all intact... The best run IMO was the one with a passanger and spare tire in and he got a good time of a 10.1 with all that weight so he might have broken a 9.9 if that weight wasn't in the car... [thumb] I am hoping next time I will have the racing tires on the spare rims to get some better traction... [:D]

Ryan also said that the trap speed was kind of high on the 10.070 run so the ST is definately kickin out some good ponies... if I remember correctly he said a normal trap speed for that time was about 72-73 and the ST pulled in a 74.05. [:D]

Anyways the times were very consistant ranging from 10.0 to 10.4... and now for the video's... only a few and they are through tinted glass and on a camera phone... [thumb]

ST vs. Integra with VTEC... not sure what exact motor...
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19331

ST vs. SD_Focus with VERY bad traction
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19381

ST vs. SD_Focus... one of the better runs... [thumb]
http://media.putfile.com/092206-19441

ST vs. some weird older Sentra that had badges readin 2000 GSR [rolleyes] No idea what that means.
http://media.putfile.com/092206-21491

ST vs. Mikes 2004 GTO... I was obviously recording from the passanger side of the GTO... the GTo was badass...
http://media.putfile.com/092206-22301

ENJOY!!!!

See less See more
#28 ·
ive run several 9.9s with just a intake and crappy custom made exhaust in my st,and thats fully weighted and 1/2 tank of gas. im almost positive a st should be able to hit a high 14 with a i/h/e/t/bsd

#30 ·
WickedlyFastST said:
.. I am getting the car dyno'd tomorrow if that helps any?
COOOOOOOOL!

Now we're talking baby!

We want all the details:

-Type of dyno
-How many runs for how much $
-Altitude and Weather Conditions

And anything else you want to add in.

Good luck!

Originally posted by 05zx4st
ive run several 9.9s with just a intake and crappy custom made exhaust in my st,and thats fully weighted and 1/2 tank of gas. im almost positive a st should be able to hit a high 14 with a i/h/e/t/bsd
Believe me, I'm not calling anyone a liar.

I just like to see the numbers! (slips and/or dyno).

With intake/exhaust, my best 1/8 was 10.4 seconds. That was with just 2,700 miles on the car, and then my engine blew!

Only have 800 miles on my new engine, so now I have to break it in all over again ...

#32 ·
Re: Re: Re: Went to the track again...

mievil said:
Get motortrend to bring that bone stock ST to this track and see what they run. [8] Several items need to be looked at here. First and foremost, I'm a crappy driver. Secondly, this was the first time driving this car. Lastly, traction on this track sucks balls anyway, is actually slightly uphill, and this was a learning experience, on pretty wore down tires. You're comparing a guy (me) who has drag raced maybe 6 nights in his life in a car he's never sat in to the pros that work for Motortrend.[rolleyes] Good job I guess. Motortrend also claims to have gotten a 3.9 second 0-60 in an Evo XIII, but I suppose that's the norm for an Evo as well, right. [confused] Show me. [:eek:]
I hope you didn't take the motor trend thing the wrong way... I thought you did GREAT at racing... I was saying with the right tires the ST may pull in better times... unless you were refering to Frank. [dunno]

#33 ·
I think its possible on a good track with a great driver. The picture is kind of crappy but this is a 9.967 second 1/8 mile run with a bad 2.386 0-60 ft time. I have an '04 2.3L with intake, exhaust, and a tune. The 0-60 could deffinitely be brought down so I don't see any reason I couldn't run a 9.7. I have no idea what that would result in the quarter mile. I don't think a 14.7 is at all possible with my car right now, but maybe the ST.

Also note that I didn't even hit 70 mph and that was my best run. My highest mph was ~71 mph and I believe when matt raced me he had a pretty bad run but still managed ~ 73 mph.

#34 ·
Yes, Ryan raced the ST and got a trap speed of 74.05 which is a pretty high trap speed for a 10.070. If you could get a 9.7 then I could definately get a lower#... I mean you have the same mods as me but I have the header which I am hoping gave me like 12-15 whp and the same amount of wtq... we shall see tomorrow's dyno... Dustin... you wanna go???

It's kinda steep of a 104 bucks for two HP pulls... shows the a/f ratio and all... you want to get your car dyno'd too??? I mean even if you don't you could just come along to see what mine does... lol

#35 ·
That's too much money for me. I did dyno about a year ago with intake and exhaust and made 144 whp and 145 wtq. My guess is you will see 160 - 165 whp. I would go but I have to spend a lot of time tomorrow catching up on my school work. I spend my nights partying and racing at the local drag strip when I should be studying, so once a week I have to spend a day like this to catch up on all of my work and my lab for tomorrow was canceled so no class [:p]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.