Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Some slow progress and my build thread!

11K views 95 replies 17 participants last post by  1hotfocus 
#1 · (Edited)
So when I first posted in the showroom, I was new to the site. I posted my car with confidence but was flamed..it ended up being a good thing that taught me a thing or two and helped me into the right direction.

This thread will help document my changes and progress.

How I started out:

After realizing a cleaner look is what I really would like, I night shaded my tails, bought sportlines and new eibach dampers, upper and lower euro grilles. Painted the door handles and peeled all the chrome off!

I also picked up a brand new injen which I love. A Degas cover, painted the vallve cover and painted the battery cover and fuse cover back black. Much cleaner.

I got tired of the rims quickly, and moved onto a pair that i always liked and finally got my hands on some EAPs! I also tinted the foglights with a slight blue hue.

7/3/12: new grille!

7/5/12

Just installed the Machs installed today!

Update* 7/17/12
Recently added a steeda rear sway bar. Car never came with one but had he brackets for one. Definitely feels better while cornering, poly bushings and end links too..

Installed:

7/28/12 installed my new svt mirrors! Compliments of rock auto, and perfect match paint from a local body shop and clear coat with some buff and polish...

My future mod list consists of:
Svt mirrors (done!)
Summer tires for the EAPs
Bigger sway bars/ rear bar ( just need a front one now, prefer an svt or race craft, with poly bushings)
A magnaflow true catback (with flex pipe)
Possibly a set of dark st170 housing headlights
Svt hvac controls
Adj Toe arms
Possibly dominant enj. Rear control arms
Svt seats

See less See more
#71 ·
Thanks from both of you :D.
For now my plans consist of new rubber for the eaps. I'm running the old 15s for now since thread on them is 9/32nds. Going to order some hankook v2's soon, only need 3 since ones thread is like 7/32nds and the other three are mismatched and down to the wear indicators

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#74 ·
Thanks! I've had so much fun with this car, and it puts a grin on my face everyday. I have a few more ideas going in my head.

rs replica front/svt front
Svt seats
Svt or euro HVAC controls
Wheel spacers
trubendz flowmaster
Massive end links
Maybe coils next summer. The rest I would like done by January. I'm not doing winter mode as this car is stored during those months.. there's a reason this cars only got 32k miles ;)

#75 ·
The euro HVAC controls are black like the normal ones they just have the extra heated mirrors and windshield defrost options that we cant hook up. I vote SVT I like mine, the silver helps break up the center stack better. But if you really want the euro ones I know someone selling a set.

#76 ·
Yes I guess the svt ones are the way to go.. only set I've seen is startfurys and he led converted so hes asking like 120 ish which is rather throw towards something else.. hopefully a good deal pops up!

sent from my sexy nexus 7

#81 ·
I haven't paid over $30 for anything SVT on my car. The most expensive was the lower grille i chopped up @ $28. Hell except wheels at tires ($500) I haven"t paid over a $100 for any of the parts on my car. I've got connections lol.

#85 ·
I just got done doing all of that with the rear. I had to completely remove everything. By time the rear crash bar would be shaved down, it would be less than an inch thick which really has no point. lol So I removed the whole bar, and replaced it with a piece of angle iron to keep the form of the bumper in case I bump into anything. I figured if I get rear ended one day, I would have to replace the hatch and bumper anyways. I was wanting a euro front, so i will definetly keep an eye out in this thread for progress and to see how hard it is. :) good luck!

#90 ·
Been a few months, quite a few updates.

Car had been repainted show quality. I stayed with oxford white! I also have doms rear control arms, massive toe arms, and added an RS collections replica and put tons of work into it to make it perfect for paint. I also shaved the side markers.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

#92 ·
Yes!! I had too!! I still have that PS saved to my phone! Lol

Its a shame there's no nice rear bumper for the sedan.. I don't really like any out there, even the saloon mk1 bumper doesn't do much for me :(

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.