Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Miles on Zetec

695K views 878 replies 632 participants last post by  ZetecHamster 
#1 ·
Hey everyone with a Zetec...what year is your foci and how many miles do you have on it?

Ill start...mine is probably higher than most, bought the car with 61k

Currently have 78,600 and its an 02

#534 · (Edited)
Miles on Zetec ZTS, automatic

2003 Red 2.0l DOHC ZTS
Bt. new, 6 miles - now, 147k - STILL screamin'
Toys added:
Steeda CAI, Screamin' Demon Coil, Live Wires, Autolite Copper core plugs,
ManaFlow High Flow CAT & CAT BAK System, JBA Headers, VF Lower Motor Mount.
Drilled and Slotted Front rotors w/ Ceramic Pads.

Replaced - Maintance Items:
replaced the power steering pump
changed transmisson fluid about 50,000 mi.
fuel pump (my fault, ran out of gas)

Sway Bar stabilizer links, up front
rear upper control arms to correct intense amount of negative rear camber.
replaced shocks and struts (turns out, excessive tire wear was dut to Firestone's inabilty to balance the tires!)
Try Road Force Balancing

timing belt, idler and adjustable pulley, water pump, thermostat & thermostat housing,
valve cover gasket, fuel filter, rear brake hub and bearings,
PCV Valve
rear brake shoes, front wheel bearings & spindle nuts, Cold Idle valve, DPFE valve, removed EGR and associated items :)s, Transmision / motor mount.

Interior Items:
Panasonic Head Unit w/ JBL Amp, JBL sub woofer and Amp.
All new PUNCH speakers
Window Tint

#550 ·
2001 Ford Focus Zx3..Bought it August of '09 with 101k..It now has 119k. Maintenance I've done is a right rear wheel bearing, alignment, new fuel pump (because it was under warranty) and fuel filter.

To me, that's fairly decent, since I don't baby the car. I don't pound on it either, but we like to have fun. [woot]

Otherwise, she runs like a charm. Next things to get fixed will be a new timing belt, trans fluid flush and brakes all around. Timing belt is still ok, but I don't want to take a chance of that thing snapping while I'm doing 75 down the freeway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.