Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sully's STF SVT Parts List

14K views 101 replies 15 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 · (Edited)
I was just taking inventory of stuff today. What I have, whats coming, what I need to get and what I wouldn't mind getting if a deal presents itself. The list is getting pretty long so I thought I would share. I'm kind of mad at myself for spending all this money on my least favorite car I've ever autocrossed. Hopefully all this crap will make it more fun for me.

My car is a 03 5dr SVT so its already at a disadvantage by weight. The advantage is convenience as a daily driver. I've spent alot of time on money on maintenance stuff but I'm not going to count that.

Here's my list.

Currently Equipped (2013 RTF setup):
Porterfield R-4S Pads
Centric Hi-Carbon Rotors
Koni Yellows
Eibach 25mm Rear Sway Bar
ARP wheel studs
Borla flex back exhaust

On The Shelf:
KW Variant 3
SPC Front Camber Plates
Spyder CAI
VF Engineering Motor Mounts (All 3)
Massive Rear Stress Bar
Steeda 28.6mm Rear Sway bar
Rear Camber Shims
Rota 15x7.5 Slipstreams
205/50R15 Dunlop Direzza ZII

Purchased and Shipped:
Dominant Engineering Hi-Flo Cat
Dominant Engineering Flex Pipe
K&N Typhoon CAI

Near Future:
Tune

If I find a good deal (low priority):
Underdrive Pulleys
SS Brake lines
Seats
Front Sway bar
Front Stress Bars
Tiny Battery
Short throw Shifter

See less See more
#2 ·
This all sounds DE-Lish!! Good luck…

and… PICS, PICS, PICS!!!

#5 ·
Yes pics please. It all sounds so good.
There's not much to look at right now. The car is virtually stock at this point and there's just a bunch of parts all over my apartment. I found a DIY shop here in Kansas City (I'm here on a work assignment) so I should be able to get most of the parts I have on hand installed this weekend.

dont bother with the underdrive pullies. you'll get more from the tiny battery in terms of performance.

can you pull your backseat for the day? its a great way to shed some 40 pounds or so.
UDP's are on the bottom of my list. I don't like the thought of underdriving accessories. I have some work to do before I do the battery or UDP's. My dash gauges are dim and it cranks slower than I feel like it should. I need to do that post in the how to list of upgrading or atleast replacing my battery wiring.

Seats cannot be removed. I can only replace the front 2 with seats and brackets weighing at least 25lbs per assembly.

#6 ·
Have you weighed the car yet? If not, you should find a weigh station or a landfill with a scale. They're usually calibrated to be accurate within 10-20 pounds. That could give you a good starting point for removing weight. IMO, dropping weight in STF is just as important, (if not more important,) as making power.

#7 ·
No. I don't plan on putting much effort into weight removal yet. I'll weigh it at the Blytheville Pro. My guess is HEAVY. It will probably stay that way too.

I make long drives for work so my stock seat will probably stay unless I find a nice reclinable seat. My car didn'tcome with a sub but I added a stock sub because it needed it badly. That will be staying also. I don't want to saccrifice daily comfort for every other weekend performance. Its already going to be alot different with all the stuff going on it. Hopefully it will still be bearable.

I've thought about getting a 3dr SVT and putting all this stuff in it but I'm not in a position to do that this year. Maybe it will be a winter project for next year. Hell, knowing me and my car ADD, all of this stuff will probably be for sale by next year.

#12 ·
The chances are pretty good that I'll sell them as I still have my stock pieces if I decide to sell the car. I don't have the receipt because I don't like to keep evidence around the house of how much I spend on car stuff. [hihi] I did get them through Tire Rack so maybe I can find a digital copy on my account.

I don't plan on making any track days in MI at this point. I'm in Kansas City until July.

#14 ·
Ha! I just got this email from Tire Rack.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the order you placed
with us online today. I noticed on the order though that
tire size selected (205/50-15) is shorter than what we
normally see on this Focus.
The tires do meet the load requirements, so if you want to
go with this we can, I just wanted to verify this is what
you're looking for before we ship them out.
I know.... because Racecar. Proceed.

#24 ·
On The Shelf:
KW Variant 3
SPC Front Camber Plates
coil overs don't work well with SPC camber plates. the springs are to short and narrow to be putting that much side load on them. you wouldnt want to shear off the top nut.

this was before i got rid of my SPC and went with LCR's

#27 ·
Now that I look at that on my computer instead of my phone... man that is scary. Thats definitly not going to work.

I'm assuming I'm going to need to get coilover top hats and Camber plates.
I think the top hats that FSwerks has will work, but I don't want the springs. KW springs are 60MM but I don't know if the shaft sizes are the same.

It also looks the bolt in camber plates are going to be my only option to get this on the road quickly.

KMAC's are not in the budget and I don't have time to wait for some LCR's to come up for sale. Are there any other options that I'm over looking?
this was before i got rid of my SPC and went with LCR's

#26 ·
Nice. For my STF built SVT Focus, I decided to stick with the 16s. Though, I did ponder on getting some 15s later and putting a different set of tires on them.

So far running on the RE-11s has it's rewards in this colder weather.
But definitely miss the grip of the RS3s. Heard they are making RS3 replacements now.

I like your white Rota's. mmm

As in weight, my 3Dr SVT Focus last weighed in at 2750ish. quite heavy. And one of our other members weighed his standard option MK1 ZX3 and it weighed 200 less than the SVT. Stinking Leather seats.

I with I had such a shelf list as you. Need to get myself back into building the SVT. I am getting so close to being where I want to be with the car in STF, but am slowly getting tired of driving it. But trying not too.

Ray

#34 ·
Less than 2 weeks until Blytheville. Have you decided what to do for camber adjustment?

On a related note, my co-driver (Preston Jordan) will be at Blytheville driving Joe Austin's Mini. He's a great driver, but doesn't have a ton of FWD experience. He adapts quickly though, so it will be interesting to see how he does.

#38 ·
#39 ·
The MK1 plates look similar to the fswerks race plates that require trimming the strut tower. I'll inquire

KMacs may be a possibility. I wish they had more pics to see how beat up they are. Doesnt the large washer wear out or was that the LCR plates? Sent them a message too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.