Focus Fanatics Forum banner

National tour format changed to match tour

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mikeb0916 
#1 ·
What is everyones opinion about the change in format for this year? Has anyone ever participated in an Evolution Super Shootout before?

Here is the description of what it is supposed to be, but I'm looking to see if anyone has any personal experience with it:

"The Match Tours format feature class competition on Saturday and the Evolution Super Shootout on Sunday. The Shootout format allows the forty-eight fastest drivers to mix with the top four ladies, as well as twelve random drawn drivers in a four-ladder tournament to see who can take home the big prize. Held on a traditional, championship style course, Match Tours are the best of both worlds, blending long, fast flowing courses with the excitement of elimination competition."

#2 ·
I'm not totally on board. Seems like fewer (a LOT fewer) runs for the majority of attendees based on what happened at Blytheville. I mean, you still get your 6 runs if you do the LCQ on Sunday. But then, the people running LCQ get an advantage of having run already that day. And if you only care about the tour event and bug out on Saturday night, then you get only 4 runs.

Some more details on the format:

http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/forumid/69/threadid/435077/scope/posts

#3 ·
My understanding is that what was Evo Super Shootout is now Match Tour and National Tour is now Championship Tour. Pro Solo has stayed the same.

It seems interesting/fun. I'll probably give it a try this year.

But it seems to be a "stepping stone" (in the lead up to Nationals) that doesn't need to be there.

Between Match Tour, Championship Tour and Pro Solo, I'll have 6 potential "Nationals" caliber events within "sane" driving distance (< 600 miles) of me. So lets see what happens.

Also, it will be interesting to see what happens when a Match Tour gets a partial rain and/or drying type of event.

#4 ·
I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the fact that the course will be the same both days. One of the things that would keep me from going to a match tour (dixie would be the closest for me at ~3 hours away) is the price I would be paying for 6 runs on the same course, plus travel time and lodging. I will have to think long and hard about attending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.