Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Whats your sway bar set up

11K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  Paladin 
#1 ·
Just wondering what your guys' sway bar and or suspension set ups are.
and if you race in scca i'd like to know your class.
thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I currently run in SCR and CCR regions of SCCA. Last year I ran STS (now ST), and finished 2nd for the year. This ST car had the Roush suspension kit with stock FSB and 22mm RSB.

Currently I building a car for FSP, and I plan to run Koni dampers, H&R Race springs, LCR camber plates, 22mm FSB, and 25mm adjustable RSB.

#4 ·
SCCA Class - ST (used to be STS, it's changed to ST in 2009)
Dampers - Koni Sport
Springs - Koni Sport
Camber Plates - LCR(Street)
Rear sway - Progress 22mm
Front sway - Stock SVT

#8 ·
I have the Roush springs and struts/shocks and come monday I'll have the Eibach swaybar setup.

#9 ·
I have the Eibach Pro kit. Everything from the Springs, dampers, and Swaybar.

Since I now live in Houston the classes are even more broken up in the alphabet soup. They put me in the STX class in January, and in the STF class in February, who knows where they will me in for March. (I think they are confused down here on where the focus fits in the HOUSTON division classes.) There haven't been any focus's in autoX down here in years ... now 3 of us are doing it for the whole year.

-Ray-

#11 ·
Koni Sport struts [headbang]
KYB AGX shocks [:)]
Steeda springs [hihi]
stock ST/SVT sways [:(]
Massive strut bar [scratch]

used to be ST but I got some 235/50/15 R888s for nearly free so I'm enjoying FSP right now.

#15 ·
class: NON-porsche(PCA), st (scca)
dampers: Koni yellow adjustable-set at full stiffness
springs: Koni sport springs
FSB: AEM(eibach)22mm w/moog fsb endlinks,moog balljoints,polybushings
RSB: Steeda 28.6mm

#17 ·
I havent autocrossed but I have taken it to large road tracks..

Front Stock SVT
Rear 25mm Eibach
Ground Control coilover conversion kit - 500# single rate springs front and rear with Koni Yellows
SPC Camber plates on the front

#19 ·
I run on Toya RA1's - R compound tires.

Suspension - KW/variant II coilovers
FWB - factory
RSB - 28.6mm
Camber plates up front
Camber adjustable arms in rear

Looking for that magic balance of oversteer.

I see there are a few running the rear 28.6 mm bar...how is it working for you guys? - 1st time it sawed thru my lower control arms...bummer!

egbertnr - Mazda Speed 6 - nice ride...how do you find the clutch?

#20 · (Edited)
I'm hooking myself up with some new suspension this year... The wagon responds a bit differently from all of the other cars due to the rear damper orientation and progressive rear springs.

OLD:
eibach pro-system for wagon (springs and dampers) (rears are progressive rate and overall a bit higher rate than the zx_ prokit rears)
stock 21mm front bar
stock 20mm rear bar with poly bushings
Torsen (huge difference in response)

This setup rotates like a merry-go-round, but turn-in is terrible, it oversteers a bit on exit and it is very unstable in transition. Synopsis: Eibach dampers are junk in the rebound department. So I wanted to get some rebound adjustability. Sadly, they dont sell Koni yellows for the wagon, I'd be stuck with Special D's. Luckily a very nice guy with a hot rod wagon pulled through...

NEW:
Eibach pro-kit springs (rears are progressive rate)
Koni Yellow (sport) front dampers
Bilstein PSS9 rear shocks ([:D])
stock 21mm front bar with poly bushings
stock 20mm rear bar with poly bushings
Torsen

I recommend the poly bushings to everyone since the stock ones dont allow the bar to work properly as an anti-roll bar... they make them more of a third and fourth spring on each side...

Oh and I run in SM for other reasons. Not many SM cars in my region so I get bumped with the modded sti's and evo's [:(].

#23 ·
I find tire pressure variation adequate for fine tuning rotation.

If you are only planning and not actually trying to cure a problem then dont bother buying the bars yet... you could be making things worse and not even know it

#26 ·
FSP car is getting some bigger bars lol.

Going to a front 24mm H&R bar with a rear 28.6 steeda. The stock front bar I have now just isn't preventing enough front roll over on the tire. Bigger front bar should help me use all of my tire. Rear bar should balance it out. We shall see.

#27 ·
Hmmmm, I am running no front sway bar and the big 28.6 Steeda rear bar now. Do you not have problems unloading the front tires and wheel spin?

I am co-chairing our local event this weekend and may throw the front endlinks back on just to do some testing.

STF
Bilstein struts/shocks
380F/400R spring rates
No front bar
Steeda 28.6 rear bar

#35 ·
saleen springs, saleen sways. and koni oranges will run this setup for a while. or until a screaming deal for coilovers conmes up. however i am i street mod (svt engine swap put me there) worst part is i'm still on street tire and only behind any aWD cars taht decide to show up. either i'm good at this or just lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.