Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cabin FEVER!

34K views 128 replies 19 participants last post by  steve35svt 
#1 ·
Just had the coldest day of the season, it's 2009, and realized I have over 3 months to wait for the first event of the year.[bigcry]
Just venting and can't wait to start dodging cones again!

#3 ·
new tires huh? does that mean you'll finally be able to run your car this year?
I've definitely got the itch too, eibach pro springs and FFRP shocks should be arriving shortly. New brakes will also be next since the current ones are starting to get a little thin.

#5 ·
just wait till you see these tires in person...mmmmmmm!! a LITTLE BIGGER THAN B4...
I sure hope so , money is tight but everything is almost ready to go. just need wideband a/f and unlock my xcal2 or get a new one. a few wires & guages in the dash and she's ready to fire up!! woot!![woot] [woot] [woot]
Sooooo what happened to leaving your focus stock[;)] lolz i knew you couldn't resist the dark side!! bwahahahaha[neener] [neener]

#4 ·
Yeah I cant wait either. I am gonna try out the new kumho xs tires. Just need 3 more lol...dang burger king doesnt pay enough to support my car habit. Still need my xcal and springs.

#6 ·
hehe, well my wife felt bad for wanting an expensive purse for christmas so I told her to get me some suspension stuff. not quite sure as to how that makes any financial sense, but we now both have expensive crap we don't need lol

#9 ·
a LITTLE BIGGER THAN B4...
What size tires do you have there Steve???

Twerpie! Tryin' out the new XS's. [thumb]
I'm psyched to see those in person.
So, which corner will get the new tire while you're waiting for the other 3? LOL! [:D]

#10 ·
1) You'll see[;)]....the Enkies are going into race duty[deviltail] [race] , so i have to find street tires.
2) twerpie's gonna run 215/45/16's xs on her 16x7 kazeras
3) not the corner that's 6-8 inches off the ground[wiggle] [wiggle] [rofl] [rofl]

#14 ·
the Enkies are going into race duty
Ah ha...235/40/17's! Nice!

Sorry to highjack your thread steve35svt.
^^^And now, you really can't wait till spring. [;)]

#15 ·
yup, they look tiny compared to chris's A6's for the vette.
we're probably making steve35svt really anxious to get the season started now...sorry to throw a little gas on the fire dude..lol
I know that i can't wait to hit the pavement[race] first year on fi yikes!

#17 ·
Seems like more snow fell in the last three weeks than we've got all winter[bigcry]! On the up side, paid auto-x membership dues and bought an event season pass today, and know where the first event of 2009 is but not when.Usually end of April or early May. GETTING CLOSE[cheers]

#19 ·
Went to my first auto X yesterday. Actually it was a novice school. Learned a lot. It rained most of the day But it was fun none the less. The next one is march 15th. cant wait(dont mean to rub it in just super exsited about hittin cones)

#20 · (Edited)
... sorry ... ummm ... but we have already had 2 events ... Texas is warm so no weather issues when starting up .... also not trying to rub it in. [wiggle][8)]

But I am super excited that we are having our next one this weekend ... woot [headbang]

By the way ... love those tires. Nice. Drop in some pics of your runs when it starts.

-Ray-

#23 ·
the itch is growing stronger, especially since I just dumped a bunch of money on parts that should be arriving shortly:
Motegi Traklites (already posted in the tire section), my current tires will be transferred over for now, but I'm looking into some 215/50r16 hankooks (not much available in that size)
F2 Intake
Trubendz 2.5in flexback w/ hi-flow cat
F2 Rotors
Hawk HPS pads
eibach pro springs/FRPP dampers (still sitting here since christmas)
F2 balance shaft delete

I can't wait to get all of this stuff on!

#24 ·
^It's ok...just a little over a month to go ken. I can't wait myself. just a bit of tuning and a couple small things to put back together & i can race my own car this year, the corvette was a blast for sure to race last year, but could NEVER replace my focus!

#28 ·
^ I've looked into it and can't find anything about it in the rule book. the only thing that comes close is for Street Touring para 14.10 H "Any crankshaft damper or pulley may be used." Says about the same thing in street prepared as well. So the way I read it is that you can add such things, just doesn't say anything about removal, which in my little world means you can remove it if so equipped. I guess my justification is that I'm not changing any of the actual components of the working engine (boring cylinder, changing cams, etc) just removing a secondary harmonic balancer. Though it can be read as Engine and Transmission must remain unmodified unless specifically mentioned. If anything I'll ask somebody from my region before I do it.
your thoughts?

#29 ·
99 times out of 100, if it doesn't specifically state that you can do it, then it's not legal.

I spent about 1/2 an hour searching as well, and couldn't find anything specific to the balance shaft.
^^^Other than balancing the rotating assembly is not allowed in ST.
In fact, "balance shaft" doesn't even show up in a search in the PDF.

Isn't the balance shaft that you're deleting internal to the engine?
IOW, it's not external like the crank damper or a pulley, so 14.10 doesn't apply at all.

I guess I should peruse the Duratec forum and read up on the balance shaft delete a bit more. [;)]

I suppose at our regional level it's not a big deal, but Divisionals or Nationals could get a bit iffy.
Then again...maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it at all. LOL! [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.