Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cabin FEVER!

34K views 128 replies 19 participants last post by  steve35svt 
#1 ·
Just had the coldest day of the season, it's 2009, and realized I have over 3 months to wait for the first event of the year.[bigcry]
Just venting and can't wait to start dodging cones again!

#117 ·
You know you are addicted when you bump this thread during the two weeks in between events.
Partly because the PCA is having their national convention a couple of blocks from my house and we set the autocross course for them.. this weekend can't come soon enough!!

#120 ·
I bailed on our TnT and points #1 due to snow and highs in the upper 30's this past weekend. It just about killed me. [xx(]

Hopefully I can attend points #2 March 3rd, if not I'll just have to take my aggression out in my Lemons Prelude instead in Mid March

#121 ·
Perks of being in the South.
We will be having our next (3rd) event first weekend of March.

And I am tickling the idea of going rallying as well with a fellow AutoX.

I will say, even as often as we have it down here ... I still itch for it every week between events as well.

Ray

#122 ·
I'm really pumped for the upcoming season because of the way I finished 2012 (2 class wins, both by a second and one giving me my first top 20 PAX finish (18 of 141) in Chicago region, and an overall PAX win with Champaign County Sports Car Club (95-ish competitors).

My main focus this off-season has been the proverbial "nut behind the wheel" and I've only made a couple of changes to the car; race seat, new OE clutch and flywheel, a real CAI and chipped ECU, I'm ready to pick up where I left off. Just have to wait till the end of March.

#124 ·
I just went to our first event of the season here in the Arkansas region. It was awesome. Though i learned very early in the day that i desperately need new tires. I had to fight all day with grip in first and second gear. and i ended up turned around on one run. That was the first time that had ever happened. it was interesting. I Just moved here so i am happy to be so close to an area that has the SCCA.

#125 ·
Nice. Well, always fun to have a spin on the record. Shows you are driving hard. [thumbs]

We are having ours in a few hours ... can't sleep, already prepped the SVT and read up on the signed up registers ...

We have 6 people in the STF group tomorrow. YAY!!!

- 2 Mazda2s
- 2 SVT Focuses
- 1 2012 Focus
- 1 09 VW Rabbit

And a crazy twisty course. Looking forward to it.

Plus, I finally got myself camera to put on board. Oh yeah, good timing on getting some video recording as well.

Will, report with photos and videos in the next couple of days.

Ray

#127 ·
I'm getting all the emails from the local corvette clubs, and the CDC for the metro/DC area... I can't wait.

I need to limit the amount of wear I incur until I'm making more money; so I'm getting the remainder of my racing fix at Summit Point's "Kart Till You Puke"!!! It's a bit more, but I'm not gonna have to worry about getting home after it's all said and done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.