Focus Fanatics Forum banner

St. George Match Tour

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GodLovesUgly 
#1 ·
Utah region puts in a great event, our core group that runs the show regularly attends national events so we know how to get it done. St George is a great city, great vacation getaway with golfing and other tourist attractions. The old airport site is unique in that it sits on top of a Mesa that overlooks the city, views are stunning and this time if year weather is very mild. And to top it off everybody in St George has that 'Nice Utah People' thing going on, makes the stay that much more pleasant!

We will be hosting a Test N Tune on Friday, as well as having non-competition 'Fun Runs' on Saturday, running the course backwards meaning you will get many more runs than a traditional Solo Event!

St George Match Tour Registraion on MotorsportReg.com

Here's the Airport on Google Maps:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=st+ge...17[/url]

We primarily use the area centered in that frame, the long-ish space on the north west corner and the more square area right near the entry to the airport, however I don't know what the configuration will be for this event.

There's LOTS of Hotels within 5 min of the venue. This is a big tourist city, so lots of rooms available. Last time I checked everything was $65-85/night. Also many hotels have room for RV's/Trailers. We stayed at the Best Western Coral Hills last time. Nice Place, easy trailer parking with an empty lot right near the hotel, and several restaurants within minutes, and again, 5 min from the venue.

Best places for a Beer:
Iggys Sports Grill, awesome food, good beer selection, their house brews are really tasty
Players Sports Grill, haven't eaten here, but bigger beer selection and good reviews.

And if anybody coming wants a taste of the really good local Utah Micro Brew check out Epic Brewing, to my palate many of their beers compete with the best in the western states, and I'd be happy to grab a fresh selection to bring as they're just down the street from my work.

If Gambling is your thing you're in luck, Mesquite Nevada is only 45min drive away, we'll have a few Utah Natives heading out at some point to have some fun.

For the golfers there's Five golf courses within 10mins of the venue and many of our members would be happy to show you their favorite links!

Hope to see you there!

Mark

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.