Focus Fanatics Forum banner

"Stock legal" options for rear camber adjustment

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
We had a decent day today at the NW Ohio Region event. Good enough to determine that 1.8* and 2.2* rear camber is way too much. I ended at 36psi front and 51psi rear on RE-11A's and I still could not get the car to rotate no matter what I tried. Scandi-Flicks and all. It would be a great set up for OTD though. Very neutral and so easy to drive.

Car is literally all stock. No Koni's, no bar's.. nothing.

My first plan of attack is to get rid of some of the camber. I bought bolts but I hate using them in these types of applications. I've seen mention of revised upper control arms and camber shims. Are these still available and are they legal?

Next step would be a rear bar. Does the big Steeda rear bar break SVT LCA's too?

Nick

#2 ·
Two options for rear camber would be Massive's adjustable camber arm (comes in an all black option) or ACDelco

The ACdelco (same as SPC/Megan style) has the same shape/look as oem except it is adjustable (and costs less than spc/megan.) The Massive one has more range and is probably more durable (doesnt need to be removed to adjusted either)

I have no comment or idea on whats legal for that class though. How thoroughly do they check out your car? The larger rear sway has been ran by others with out breaking the SVT lca's, although there is no guarantee. Can also look at eibach, they make a 25mm rear, not as extreme as steeda's 28.6mm

#3 ·
Assuming that you're running SCCA stock rules, there is no legal way to adjust rear camber except for loosening the bushings, tensioning them, and retightening. Beyond that, alignment adjustment procedures have to be recommended procedures (i.e. crash bolts), which Ford does not have for our cars. My suggestion for more rotation is a stiffer rear bar. You can also achieve it by getting stickier tires for the front, or stiffer shocks in the back.

#4 ·
Yeah... I'm pretty sure adjustable upper arms are not legal. The only legal items in stock are those allowed by Ford for crash repair.

If there are revised +1* upper control arms, these should be allowed per the TSB.

EDIT: Yes SCCA Stock rules.

#7 ·
Thanks for the offer. I'd rather not go that route just yet. I'll see what I can get out of the rear bar change first.

I ordered the big Steeda rear bar this morning. I will also be acquiring an Eibach rear bar later this week. I like options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.