Focus Fanatics Forum banner

how loud do you go?

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  ZeeXfive 
#1 ·
hey guys, just wondering how loud some of you guys listen to your stereos. i have a 2010 ses so its a decent system but im afrad to crank it up too high in fear of blowing the speakers. i usually listen to it til the volume bar is under the "O" in Volume. i would put it all the way up if i knew i could!

#12 ·
For the most part, I run at 65% or so. It's plenty loud for daily listening at that point.

#18 ·
Do you have an amp running all you speakers or, are they ran off of the deck?

#17 ·
I used to have the beretta that won best sound at the Edmonton auto show two years in the early nineties. 17 speakers total. When I striped the stereo out i found 4 blown speakers. Even with the blown speakers it sounded great. I had it maxed a lot of the time

#26 ·
i was doing the same...i dont know what type of speakers you have but make sure they can handle about 50 watts then get this amp:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bIJpsR...-KTP-445U-Power-Pack.html?XVINQ=DST&XVVER=CCC
i have all around 6 1/2 inch helix's running off this amp...took all the bass out of them with the high pass frequency switches on them since i have a sub and warmed the sub up for about a month...i can literally turn it up as loud as i please, i have a pioneer deck with 4v rcas ive only gone to 31/62 but its like a frickin concert hall clear as day...so get some durable after market speakers with good tweets with that amp and turn off the bass if you have a sub it will do you wonders

#20 ·
I only listen to it loud enough to piss off every person within earshot of my 16 door speakers and 147 DB of bass! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.