Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Ford Touch Thread

2M views 4K replies 396 participants last post by  Teamlosi23 
#1 ·
A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...wnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

Enjoy.

#3,295 ·
Here's the latest on MFT from BSquare

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-q-bsquare-corp-wa-2013-05-09

Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") became our largest engineering services customer during the first quarter of 2012, replacing Ford Motor Company ("Ford"), as Microsoft replaced Ford as the invoiced customer on the MyFord Touch program. We continue to work on the MyFord Touch, a project we began with Ford during the second quarter of 2008; however, we now conduct these services through an agreement with Microsoft. During the initial project with Ford, we provided hardware design and implementation, platform level software development, application level software development, quality assurance services and systems integration services. The project has transitioned since the initial project such that we are now primarily focused on developing and integrating new user applications for the MyFord Touch, enhancing existing applications and customizing the MyFord Touch platform for additional vehicle models. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $479,000 to $1.3 million, or 29% of total service revenue, for the three months ended March 31, 2013, compared to $1.8 million, or 24% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. The decline is primarily attributable to a reduction in the number of engineers working on the MyFord Touch project.

#3,298 ·
I read from this that M$ has taken a larger role and is reducing BSquared role. Don't know if I should be happy that M$ is taking over.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

#3,299 ·
I read from this that M$ has taken a larger role and is reducing BSquared role. Don't know if I should be happy that M$ is taking over.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One using FF Mobile
considering BSquare f'ed it up to begin with... its a good thing

#3,300 · (Edited)
In regards to MFT and phone and voice commands to send text. Does anyone that has a android based phone able to use voice commands to reply to a text message?
I've got a Droid RazrHD and a Samsung S3. When I use voice command to reply to text message it skips right to number 15 of the 15 line options to use. So I will say "reply to text message" and it replies do you want to reply to xxx-xxx-xxxx (it skips) number 15? If I say no, it just repeats. Won't let me chose 1-14.
Anyone else?

Update: fixed.. took two master resets and got it working.

#3,301 ·
Text messaging broke with the v3.5.1 update. When a message comes in I get the notification, but can't read or reply. It worked on v3.02 as long as I left 911 assist disabled (SGS2).

No more master resets, if the car was out of warranty I'd rip the damn thing out completely and replace it with my own solution; which I will eventually do if I keep the car that long.

#3,302 ·
Actually, it still works under 3.5.1. Android updated their OS and changed the Bluetooth stack, that killed it for a lot of phones. Some phone carriers and phone version were also not working due to the phone maker.
If you know how to root and flash ROM's, then you can be notified/text and reply just fine.
Iphone folks use Siri to talk about the message.

#3,308 ·
I noticed another quirk yesterday. While waiting for it to do whatever it does for 10 or 15 seconds after I select "BT Stereo" as the input source, I noticed that the time at the top of the display had jumped forward three hours. Once the delay ended and it started streaming the podcast from my phone, it jumped back to the correct time.

#3,312 ·
I feel that while most of the 3.5.1 upgrade is pretty good, Navigation specifically is horrible now. MFT routinely has trouble understanding what I am asking for, and it seems to be far more picky about asking in a very specific way. It's gotten so frustrating that I just don't even use it now.

What frustrates me most though is that I hear that MFT/Sync accounts for 80% of warranty claims at Ford Dealerships, and yet Ford hasn't said a word about the issues.

#3,313 ·
After my update to 3.5.1 months ago the only issues I see is that the phone is real slow to answer when I hit the accept button and once in a while when I start the car I have no sound until I change the station. I called Ford and he told me to just report it next time I got my oil changed and they would document it.

#3,315 ·
I have not tried putting the phone on privacy. I have a Blackberry torch. I will try that next time it does it and see if the radio shuts off.

#3,317 ·
It happen this morning. No luck with the setting on the phone. I had to tap the corner entertainment button or change the radio station. After that everything worked fine. I have a idea that if you shut the car off and wait for the raido to shut off with out opening the door may cause this when you go to start it again. I still need to test this theory out and will post my results.

#3,319 ·
I only seem to have problems when I have a USB flash drive connected. MFT gets laggy, maps struggle to load, sometimes I get the maintenence screen. It is usually ok after the initial indexing but still behaves strangely while USB is in use.

Is this just me or are others seeing the same thing? When these things happen, unplugging USB returns operation to normal.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#3,325 ·
Blank screen every time I start the damn car.. EVERY time I try to use the Nav it either freezes or I simply can't get the damn thing to display numbers letters etc.. Can't even use SYNC because once it freezes I can't use ANYTHING.. Was OK til the latest update .. NOW the dealer says I can't use an Iphone because THAT'S what's causing the system to crash but Ford is working on a reprogram AGAIN and expect a ":fix" in August.. Riiiight!
The deleted my Iphone connection.,.. and did something else that they didn;t share with me..so I had to reprogram all my windows and the clock.. and.. guess what??? The damn thing STILL crashes ..reboots every time I start the car ..and gives me an error message.. so you KNOW it wasn't the phone.. BIGGEST piec of expensive CRAP I ever bought.. I'm DEF looking at lemon law action.. I use this for business and it's worthless! I've had it.. Been back in 3 times now.. and going for a fourth.. I'm SO DONE!
I'll NEVER buy a Ford again! I want my money back... I think it's almost fraudulent to sell a car with a system that you KNOW doesn't work.. 3 massive updates.. 3 separate visits to fix stuff like the transponder and what they called the "brains" of the system and it STILL doesn't work... L E M O N ... FORD!!!

#3,326 ·
Just curious which year model did u buy? Ford has been selling the same defective crap since 2011...

Unfortunately the issues arent being covered like they used to be. I just wonder if it still ongoing from the constant issues people still report I like to say yes...

Btw how do I unsubscribe from this dang forum it keeps sending me notifications.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.