Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Ford Touch Thread

2M views 4K replies 396 participants last post by  Teamlosi23 
#1 ·
A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...wnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

Enjoy.

#2,990 ·
Went to appointment. They said they hadn't heard of the update. Pulled up this thread on my iPhone, gave them the number, and they said the update was older than what was on my car, which was built a few days before the date it says, but had a later version. So no change happened.

I have no faith in this being correct information, but what else can I do?

#2,991 ·
I have a 2012 Focus with MY Ford Touch, have the latest software 3.5.1 and the A4 maps, I also have the issue of GPS not reporting correct location sometimes, will show me on a different road instead of the road I am on.

When I heard about this TSB (13-03-11), called my ford dealer and setup an appointment, went this morning, but they were not able to apply the TSB to my car, said that TSB is for 2013 Vehicles and my car already has all the latest software.

Is anybody able to get the 13-03-11 TSB applied to their 2012 car with MFT?

#2,993 ·
I think it's just vaporware. An update nobody gets.

#2,995 ·
So far, everyone who goes to their dealer gets told they don't need or can't have it. My dealer was confused at first saying there was no such TSB... so I had to use my phone to search this site to find the number, told them, then they said it was already done, even though my car was built a week or so prior to the date mentioned.
Vaporware is a technology term for software or firmware that is announced but never gets released.

#3,018 ·
Well here's a new one...

Phone/MFT were working fine last week - playing together just as you'd expect. Got into my car to drive to work and BT wouldn't connect. Usually a reboot of the phone fixes this (it's two years old and can be slow at times) but not this time. Rebooted again, just to see, and no dice.

Tried turning BT on/off in the MFT settings menu, deleting the phone, re-pairing. Wouldn't work.

Interestingly enough, however, the pairing request I saw on my phone was totally screwed up. Instead of the normal "Sync" device name, it was trying to pair with the BT chip itself - or something like that?

Eventually I got fed up and hoped the system would reboot itself. A day or two later, still not working, I finally pulled the fuses. MFT "performed maintenance" and I was able to re-pair with Sync like normal.

It's been fine since. [scratch]

#3,019 ·
^^^ I've had mine do that exact same thing, shortly after the last update I had done at the dealer. I was unbelievably pissed, had to reset the entire system and re-pair my phone.

That was a few months ago, and now since then, It's actually been pretty damn near flawless, and just had a couple small hiccups along the way, but nothing to force a hard reset on the system itself.

I don't know that I'd say I'm one hundred percent happy with the system at this point, however I am relieved that it does work, and some of the features that are offered are just plain cool. Overall I really enjoy it and am glad I got it.

Anyone have the Spotify app working with the system yet? I know it was announced that Spotify was going to have an app for the MFT system, but I haven't seen much about it since.

#3,023 ·
Did your usb work also? Mine did the same thing blue tooth wouldn't pair. Usb wouldn't work.
Don't know - didn't think to try it at the time. Sorry!

#3,021 ·
I had a pairing problem one time, rebooting my phone fixed it. I don't know if it was the car or the phone at fault, to be honest.

#3,025 ·
MyFord Touch Parking Gear Signal

Hi new here and was hoping someone can tell me where the Parking Gear Signal is going to the radio. I have a rear view camera on my trailer and would like to view it while driving but of course I get the safety message when I take the car out of park. The AUX input is in the console arm rest and it all works fine in park. This is a 2013 Escape SE but the My Touch is brought from the Focus so it would at least be the same design if not the same wire color. There isn't a lot of data on the 13 Escape yet and I was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks
Dick

#3,026 ·
Hi new here and was hoping someone can tell me where the Parking Gear Signal is going to the radio. I have a rear view camera on my trailer and would like to view it while driving but of course I get the safety message when I take the car out of park. The AUX input is in the console arm rest and it all works fine in park. This is a 2013 Escape SE but the My Touch is brought from the Focus so it would at least be the same design if not the same wire color. There isn't a lot of data on the 13 Escape yet and I was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks
Dick
You have to get a module to do what you want. I believe it's made by lockpick

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

#3,029 ·
Does a Focus MFT system have an output for video for the back seat, if you want to add the screens? Anyone happen to know?

#3,031 ·
Oh, well. Not a big deal... there is the iPad to keep the demon spawn quiet back there.

#3,032 ·
I haven't been up here for a while but I caught up on a couple months worth of MFT fun and thought it was time to put the 3.5.1 on for myself. Well, looks about the same as the last version...still no song progress bar (like the original MFT and my 6 year old iPod nano.) OK, not going through the missing features rant again. Gee, the temperature is back..wow..

Just this: The upper right used to show the compass direction (S, NE etc). Now there is just an orange exclamation point there. I know it has the compass value OK because when I am at the home screen, the the graphic compass shows the correct direction. But when I am on the Entertainment screen I get the exclamation. I do NOT have navigation. Anyone else seen this?

#3,033 ·
I haven't been up here for a while but I caught up on a couple months worth of MFT fun and thought it was time to put the 3.5.1 on for myself. Well, looks about the same as the last version...still no song progress bar (like the original MFT and my 6 year old iPod nano.) OK, not going through the missing features rant again. Gee, the temperature is back..wow..

Just this: The upper right used to show the compass direction (S, NE etc). Now there is just an orange exclamation point there. I know it has the compass value OK because when I am at the home screen, the the graphic compass shows the correct direction. But when I am on the Entertainment screen I get the exclamation. I do NOT have navigation. Anyone else seen this?
I have not seen that one yet...interesting. I too have MFT w/o Nav. At first I thought your compass needed re-calibration, but then later read that your compass in the quadrant section is OK, so maybe not. Possibly a master re-set???

#3,036 ·
We must not be talking about the same feature. Or something.

It supposedly can do either of: be a WiFi hotspot for WiFi clients if it has a path to the Internet and be a WiFi client to a nearby WiFi. Just with 3.5.1 you can't enter a key with any non-numeric characters when setting up the WiFi client connection.

If you want to see for yourself, I think the path is something like Menu | Settings | Wireless and Internet | Wi-Fi settings | Search for Wireless Networks. From there you can select an SSID to connect to. From there, if the network is not Open System, a key is required and you will be prompted to enter it. With 3.5.1, if that key has any non-numeric characters, it's the end of the game because MFT 3.5.1 is broken. (This did work in all prior versions we've had in our MFT-equipped FoFo since its 12/11 build.)

If you don't want to see for yourself, I'm OK with that too.

#3,037 ·
What I would like to know, if you connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot, what can you do in MFT while connected? Updates? Stream audio from the internet somehow? Or just be happy with the knowledge that you're online (that's my guess, and perhaps "reshare" the connection with other devices).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.