Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Possible to hack MFT!

14K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  forceflow2 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

This is just a quick blurb to get a feeler for who wants to help me. I was just screwing around with the USB stick for the 3.2.2 update and I just realized I stumbled upon the skins for MFT.

I found all the screens! So this looks like I can alter them. They use Shockwave/Flash to display the screen. I am going to mess around with it some more and see how far I can get with it. I wanted to see if anyone else found this out or tried anything so far. It would be cool to be able to fully "skin" the MFT to your liking.

Please let me know if I should spend some time into tearing this thing apart and see what we can get into :)

#3 ·
I am hoping this could possibly lead to full custom screens with background!

What I did was update my car to v3.2.2. I started to explore the USB stick after the fact and extracted SyncMyRide\DA5T-14D545-ASA.ZIP\data\Repository\

If you look in there, it has a 8inchskins folder where you can take a gander through and see all their menus as .swf files. I have run some through the shockwave player and can see all the menus of MFT. So far I see all of the DA5T-14D545-???.ZIP are all the same inside, the last 3 letters signify something about the car, probably the available options.

I know, this is just a start. But I want to document what I am screwing around with so far! :) If anyone stumbles on something else please add! Lets be the first ones who can fully hack this b*tch!

#4 ·
Cheek;

Do you have Flash Builder? If so, have you tried decoding the SWF file so that you can modify it? If not, and you're curious, I can give you my email and you can send me one of the SWF files and I'll see what it holds on the backside. It could lead to the possibility of modifying.

The only issue I can think of is trying to figure out a way to either communicate openly with the memory module or tricking the system into updating those files from a memory stick.

#19 ·
Im no flash expert

I've used Flash a while back, and I noticed this back on one of the first sync updates. Im afraid that all I was able to to was open the .swf files in flash professional cs5. I could only play the file in the timeline, no modifications were possible. I think you'd need the source files (.fla) in order to re skin or make modifications. im not 100% sure on this, but Id imagine it would be quite a involved process to decompile and not mess up any of the code that makes MFT work.

If you find out anything let us know I am interested in making some graphic mods

#24 ·
I've used Flash a while back, and I noticed this back on one of the first sync updates. Im afraid that all I was able to to was open the .swf files in flash professional cs5. I could only play the file in the timeline, no modifications were possible. I think you'd need the source files (.fla) in order to re skin or make modifications. im not 100% sure on this, but Id imagine it would be quite a involved process to decompile and not mess up any of the code that makes MFT work.

If you find out anything let us know I am interested in making some graphic mods
I recall someone else found this a while back, perhaps it was you? At that point I wasn't interested in re-writing MFT. It's kind of a different story now...

#27 ·
Lets get xda-developers.com on the case.
I know, right!?

But seriously there has to be a way to rewrite this system...
I'll be talking to the computer/electrical engineer at my work today about how I can use what very little programming abilities I have to do this.

Note: It might end up worse than what we currently have. heh...

#26 ·
It was known a long time ago that MFT utilized Flash Lite, lol. But this is still kinda cool nonetheless.

Of course it would be much better if we just had a native program winning through WinAuto and not essentially a program running through a program.

But seriously there has to be a way to rewrite this system...

#30 ·
I've dissected the update and found that the files are indeed signed. Someone with the right resources could certainly find a way to circumvent that as well as install a different OS. Then it would just be a matter of getting the system talking to the rest of the car.

The Windows Automotive debugger would definitely come in handy and it only costs around $7000. I work with WinDBG at the kernel level all day long. If someone wants to buy the tools and supply a donor vehicle or hardware I'd be happy to take a crack at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.