Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Technical Difficulties

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rheath011 
#1 ·
Before ANYONE FLAMES ME FOR BEING IN THE WRONG FORUM.

I realize this is not the coorect place to post this question.
I am jut hoping that the people here are a bit more technically advanced than in the general tech dicussions and I can finally put this issue to rest!!

Here goes

Blower motor does not work power on ground and positve cables
Ac swithch light will not come on
When I ground out the blower motor blower works ac kicks in and led on switch comes on everyhing seems to work properly
Just going through the system replaceing parts... I just don't know any other way to troubleshoot this issue

Right now I am trying to find the ac/clutch diode.. and I am not talking about D1 or D2 in the fusebox . The schematics show another diode
in the system and my deaership has actually been able to get me one ( which is more than they could do when I was replacing D2). I have traced the wires shown in the schematics but it still seems to be hiding from me.

So if any one could tell me where this diode is located or has successfully fixed the problem of having power on the ground on the blower motor please let me know how I an fix this !!!

This seems to be a fairly common problem on the focus. I have found several post on other BB's with other pople having the same issue but NO resolutions!!
SO if you can help PLEASE let us know!!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
If it's what I'm thinking you may be talking about - see if they put that on the resistor pack under the dash and behind the glove box. I seem to recall someone else having an issue with blower motor/switch/AC and it was an interesting fix. Maybe it will come to us.....

#4 ·

C972 is where the connector for the diode is located.
But the diode is physically located in the BJB.

A most likely scenario is that the Heater Control Module is damaged. That is the black plastic part behind the controls on the dash.
If jumping power makes the blower motor spin, you just bypassed that switch. Being it and the blower motor resistor are both in line, both have to be suspect. If it's not the blower resistor it must be the control module.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
thank you but I already replaced the resistor pack with no effect.
I have since confirmed the old resistor was functioning

Thank you !!!
THe picture is a graet help!
I agree if there is a heater control module that is a more likely suspect!
Resistor pack is good but I was unaware of heater control module
THANK YOU!

My next step was to see if I could ground through the switch ( to get speed controls back) My guess is that is exactly what the heater control module does !!!
Thank you once again

the only thing I can find related to "heater control module" at my local part stores is called a heater control pigtail which appears to be nothing more than the connecter to the fan switch. is this what you werre talking about ??

sorry the sun just came up here.... went out to the care and I am pretty sure I found the part you are talking about . the wires that actually plug into the resistor correct ??

#7 ·
...Blower motor does not work power on ground and positve cables
Ac swithch light will not come on
When I ground out the blower motor blower works ac kicks in and led on switch comes on everyhing seems to work properly
Just going through the system replaceing parts... I just don't know any other way to troubleshoot this issue...
Hi rheath011,

As you continue your parts hunt, you may have better luck contacting the parts department of your local Ford dealership or ordering parts yourself through http://www.fordparts.com. It's always wise to use Ford-approved parts when repairing your vehicle.

If it's what I'm thinking you may be talking about - see if they put that on the resistor pack under the dash and behind the glove box. I seem to recall someone else having an issue with blower motor/switch/AC and it was an interesting fix. Maybe it will come to us.....

C972 is where the connector for the diode is located.
But the diode is physically located in the BJB.

A most likely scenario is that the Heater Control Module is damaged. That is the black plastic part behind the controls on the dash.
If jumping power makes the blower motor spin, you just bypassed that switch. Being it and the blower motor resistor are both in line, both have to be suspect. If it's not the blower resistor it must be the control module.
Quit shopping at a parts store.
Go to Ford and get the correct parts.
Good info, everyone. Group effort for the win! [grinking]

Have a great weekend!
Crystal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.