Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Met the Hocus Focus

4K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  RAF_S197 
#1 · (Edited)
Meet the Hocus Focus

After reading the thread "What did you name your Focus" I posed the question to my friends on Facebook. One came up with Hocus Focus and it stuck :)

Some Details on the Car

I've had it about 30 days and it has about 1800 miles on it. So far so good and I am really enjoying the ride.

Tint: 35% around. None up front.
Painted the calipers last week: Dupli-Color Ceramic Spay Paint (thank you underbird!)
Wheel locks used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CONU0G
Average MPG: 27.2

At this time the only other Mod I am considering are DRL. Other than that the package is complete.

FYI - If you like the look of European Plates and you have the Parking Assist package don't bother. That type of plate will constantly set off the parking sensors. There is no way to calibrate to sensors to compensate for the width of the plate.

The jury is still out on Sync. Having consistency issues with recognizing the phone after pairing, not to mention Bluetooth Stereo. When connected via USB I find that the time to index a device (iPhone) is way too long and indexing happens too often. Touchscreen response is slow and entering voice commands for navigation isn't intuitive and can be a struggle.

Here are the Pics...

See less See more
#2 ·
Man, that car is CLEAN! I've got a Kona Blue hatch and I've also been debating on whether or not to paint my calipers.

#4 ·
Nice looking car. I thought about the red, but I wanted the Tuscany Red interior more.

#6 ·
For the USB sync problems, usually you have to reformat your library and tags to make it work flawlessly. I have a few posts on the subject.

#10 ·
Spectacular color, and looks really good with the painted calipers and tinted windows. Very, very nice!!!

My friend has (not so) affectionately named my car the [:)][:)][:)][:)]us. LOL

Make sure you check out my how-to thread on the LED DRL install. I still love mine.

Tony

Edit: Okay, so it censored my response. He named my car the Suckus, but instead of starting with as S, it starts with an F.

#16 ·
....I don't want to be a dick but I'm pretty sick of people confusing SYNC and MyFord Touch... they're not the same, it's not MyFord SYNC, it's MyFord Touch, and isn't the SYNC program. People are going to get confused as to what system is having issues if no one can get them right.

Otherwise, great looking car. Caliper paint looks great!

#17 ·
@ Johnwillyson - I'll do a search on your threads to see what I can learn about the indexing issue. Thank you.

@ wilsonfocus86 - Dad taught his little girl good. Maybe I should have done a minor in detail'n ;-)

@ feta_mgp - I made the correction in my initial post. Happy?

Keep in mind not everyone will appreciate the distinction. I'm used to the growing pains with new tech, but most who just spent $20k+ on a car will think the system is just broken. And broken equals bad press for Ford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.