Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVTF Built motor: Up & Running!

19K views 161 replies 16 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
SVTF, Comp turbo, Bored to 85mm, supertech pistons & rings, Eagle rods, New Clevite 77 Bearings.

Got home today, Finished up a few loose ends, And fired her up. Started right up and idled pretty smooth. Let her warm up, and started the break in process. It seemed to run perfect. The wideband seemed to be right where it should be the whole time. The only thing changed was the static compression ratio. Calculated it to 9.52:1. I logged and from what i can tell everything looks pretty good. Anybody wanna take a look at a log for me?

Anyway, Here are some pics off my crappy cell phone. I'll be sure to take more & post them up. I'll try to get a few when i have my car on the lift.

Torn down to the crank in the car.

Bottom end build; Head on and Timed.

In car, Almost there...

I'll get a finished pic up tomorrow.

Let me know that ya think!

Matt

See less See more
#9 ·
Another brand new turbo from Comp that started smoking???

Not trying to trash you man, but that is ridiculous. It has happened to a ton of people. Hope you get it back in running order soon.

#11 ·
Ya there was a restrictor and the turbo only a little over a year old.

#12 ·
^^ .065" restrictor/ on the car for over a year. certainly not new. I'd expect it to last longer than a year tho...

The smoking was a bit better after the rebuild, but still very similar to before the rebuild. Sucks i coulda prolly got away with just rebuilding the turbo, but now i know what I have.

#21 ·
Ahhh, never mind, then. I thought he said BB in general take .022. Didn't catch the Comp part. Garretts take a .035.

#22 ·
Hmm Joe from comp told me it will burn up the center if you ran anything smaller then .35 that what I have on Jason Svt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.