Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#99,544 ·
Both of these things
Yeah, I graduated from Kettering in Mechanical Engineering in 2011.

The positives were the higher level courses were interesting and the work experience invaluable. The negatives were the location, as well as the cost, and the pressure of taking 16 + weeks of course work and cramming it in 10 for 4.5-5 years.

I'm not sure that I particularly miss the place, although I do miss the karting meets and the car club.

#99,545 ·
Im going to GV for engineering! Not specific on which type but definitely for engineering! They have a pretty cool car club up there as well!! And ill be able to see more of you guys compared to danky Downriver

#99,547 ·
So, dealer quoted me 315 for fog lights and new switch and such, up to 400 if I need a new harness (he thinks the SE's have the correct harness from the factory).

Well, one more thing to save for, or consider ebay for.

Edit: also, I'm going to svsu for mechanical engineering =) 2-3 more semesters to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#99,549 ·
So, dealer quoted me 315 for fog lights and new switch and such, up to 400 if I need a new harness (he thinks the SE's have the correct harness from the factory).

Well, one more thing to save for, or consider ebay for.

Edit: also, I'm going to svsu for mechanical engineering =) 2-3 more semesters to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
The 2013 SE without fog lamps can't just add the switch and harness and get the fog lamps to work. This has been tried before, well at least not with the stock switch and wiring due to the dealers either being unwilling to not enter a vin into the ids tool, or not willing to flash the as built codes for a car that has the exact same equipment + the fog lamps as your current car.

Some of the wiring is there on the 13s that was not there on the 12s, but for the 2012 without fog lamps they had to resort to wiring in an alternate switch and basically building their own mirrored lighting control box so as to not risk damaging the body control module.

It was covered here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882 for the 2012

And here for the 2013: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4601278&postcount=18

#99,555 ·
Im going to GV for engineering! Not specific on which type but definitely for engineering! They have a pretty cool car club up there as well!! And ill be able to see more of you guys compared to danky Downriver
GVSU?

you'll be hangin out with me then. except i'm in the business program.....and only there during night classes.

also did we give you the 20 questions intro? I have new ones if not.

#99,558 ·
Yeah, I graduated from Kettering in Mechanical Engineering in 2011.

The positives were the higher level courses were interesting and the work experience invaluable. The negatives were the location, as well as the cost, and the pressure of taking 16 + weeks of course work and cramming it in 10 for 4.5-5 years.

I'm not sure that I particularly miss the place, although I do miss the karting meets and the car club.
I should have graduated in '09 was done with classes then. But technically didn't graduate till '11 as well by the time I finished my thesis shit.

While I was there I drove a Red 5dr SVTF with an exhaust. What did you drive while there? I tend to remember peoples cars and not them lol

Well I was fired yesterday so don't matter how long the week is

Sent from my SPH-D710 using FF Mobile
Ouch. sorry to hear that man...

#99,559 ·
I should have graduated in '09 was done with classes then. But technically didn't graduate till '11 as well by the time I finished my thesis shit.

While I was there I drove a Red 5dr SVTF with an exhaust. What did you drive while there? I tend to remember peoples cars and not them lol
I had several cars through out my time there.

First term or two, my grandmother's old 1999 Ford Taurus, I took it to one of the dyno days and wasn't embarassed by having the lowest power figures as a white Grand AM took those honors despite having been rated as making more power from the factory. 125 WHP vs 118.x or so for the Grand Am.

Then briefly, although I can't recall if I ever drove it to campus or not, a loaned 2005 Kia Sedona van that my father had that I used to move crap onto campus.

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Cruiser - blue over blue with fake wood grain vinyl.

2003 Crown Victoria - Police Interceptor, black, was parked up against the back of the student lot the first term I had it. Was supposed to be a project, ended up as a daily for almost 3 months before it died.

1994 Geo Prizm LSI, Green, five speed, had from 2009-2011.

So two family cars, and three of my own during that time frame.

#99,560 ·
So Uh...........should we make up some murder mittens?........
Yes! Yes and yes.

GVSU?

you'll be hangin out with me then. except i'm in the business program.....and only there during night classes.

also did we give you the 20 questions intro? I have new ones if not.
Took Marissa over there for a tour last week. Nice campus. She chose UofK.

Afternoon MI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.