Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Team Focalize...drive. pursue. represent.

32K views 476 replies 23 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok so me and david have talked earlier about what direction Team Focalize is heading. i loved the idea of us creating a crew right before the show(and i know yal did too), just so we'll be able to represent and the whole Houston Import scene will recognize that we're not just a bunch of focuses crowded together but we are an exclusive car club and i want to keep that going.

I dont want all of the effort that all of us have put into creating a group for us and let it die right after the show has ended. i want to keep it thriving and if i have to be the ONLY one to do so, then so be it. but i know most of yal who are reading this, agree on the same thing. That we need a crew name for all of Houston modded focus owners to stand by when people ask "If we're part of a crew". i remember years ago, when having g2g and meets in Houston for all of us was rare and practically no one met up. But with the determination to gather more focus owners all over Houston to meet up in one place a month, is what drove us to having the best meets we've ever had in years. Within about 2 years, we've all managed to gather more focus owners (new comers and veterans...paul, ray and myself lol) to come meet up, with an average of 12+/- cars, within every month of the year. All because of the determination to meet and gather more members into our focus scene.

with this in mind, I want to do the same for all of us in Team Focalize. I want to gather more new members interested in joining a Focus-only crew and we can only achieve this with determination. Determination in making us another well-known team and to get our name out there among all the others in the Houston Import scene.

I Made this thread for discussing new ideas, suggestions in making our team better and to also welcome newcomers who want to become members as we grow in size. I know with enough support and determination, that we can do this. We can be another well-known name in Houston.

*also to add, so far me and david will handle the advertising/promotion aspect of our team to make us well known and to inform other focus drivers to join our team.

See less See more
#343 ·
ya... thats like exactly 3 monsth away... well a few days off but w/e so no excuse... you need to atleast sign up asap before all the spots are filled.. last year we got super lucky and they had to create a few spots to get our whole team in... we literally were the last team to get in

btw this wasnt meant to be mean haha the no excuse should have had a :p after it >.>

#355 ·
*ahem*

I have a website already.. I can host another one under it =P actually I already sorta started one just havent worked on it at all

http://gabbermatt.com/focalized (yes I know the D isn't supposed to be there... was workin on somethin else that already uses focalize)

But ya I can get sites hosted no problem... We can use wordpress for everything else and i have a good script to run a photgallery and also one to do a calendar.. (still lookin for better ones)

But ya... we can have an official site no problem.

Not to mention i work at a webhosting company.... one of my buds here is retarded awesome at php/java I could prob get him to do somethin if you guys don't like the wordpress idea.

#357 ·
You can't do all the various meets ... they were not all Team Focalized (Focalize) ...

Import Reactor was a full Team Focalized(Focalize) meet and show.

-Ray-

#360 ·
^hey could we add a blog section as well? I wanted to a feature of the month editorial, for each member of the crew. like basically a showcase of the ride and driver behind it. I wanted to do it every 3 weeks, just to switch it up and have people look at it. i would everyone at once but that would be a lot of typing lol...and picture taking. because i was also thinking of going to them and taking pics of their rides and posting it with the article.

i think it's a great idea?

#362 ·
Sounds good to me too... we could also keep track of all our meets. Like i said I have a calendar plugin but im gunna try to find a more dynamic one... the one i have now is kinda confusing.

#367 ·
Dean it is. and everyone WILL get a featured article (including me), regardless what has or will be done to the car. it's not just about the ride but the amount of passion the driver has for his ride, so that's what i'm mainly showcasing. im doing it like 3 weeks at a time, so it would be like a member of the month thing.

#370 ·
Haha ya.. a drug called speed.

Anywasy I added a members link and put who i could remember... I went to put Justhereftm but i couldnt remember his name =( Ive only et him 2 or 3 times and im terrible w/ names... isnt it liek darren or something?

*puts his flame suit on*

#372 ·
yep. that's the name.

also i'm currently working on writing our first feature of the month this and our first member we'll be featuring will be Dean. So look out for that. When the article gets published, i'll create a separate thread so that it can get more views and people can check out the web page and get updates. Created by yours truly, matt.

Also i need to find out how many people want the smaller version of the Team Focalize sticker that i'm going to get. most likely it's going to be a 3x10. it's only $5.

#379 ·
yeh he will. i think there's one up now, but he's working out the kinks

I guess get me a sticker so I can take thr bigger one off

Posted via FF Mobile
gotcha!

Do you have a pic of the smaller design?
it's the same exact design, but smaller and this time horizontal.

Shadow wants a stickers!!! :]]]
come to the meet i ill get cha hook'd up!

I like the big sticker, but if we all get the small one just whatever, and just an opinion, don't you think a 3 x 10 would be a little to small? Almost unreadable? Heck its not like we all drive miatas lmfao
trust me dude, 3x10 IS NOT SMALL AT ALL. and yes it will be readable too lol

3x10 isn't THAT small. and actually it might not look too bad in the same position and orientation as the big one. i don't think it would look too great in the center whether you put it on the front or back. i say front top passenger side looks good.
well ima get a sticker and place it on my car and see where it will look best. it's going to be horizontal so i want it to look right wherever it's going to be placed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.