Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 Ford Focus Owners!

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  FNSMOKE 
#1 ·
I have set up a thread exclusely for them to tell us about their experiences.

Moderators, please stickey this because myself, as well as others (I am sure) would like to compare this to our experiences with the 2012 models.

#2 ·
For those interested, I just bought a 2013 Focus Titanium Sedan in white platinum with moonroof, MFT navigation, automatic parking system and the 17" polished wheels. Build date on it is 8/8/12 and it has Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2 installed. Sticker was 27k (insane because I could have got an ST for that price) but the dealer gave me a great deal.

So far, I only have 2 issues. First, the front parking sensors emit false alarms pretty regularly. The dealer is in the process of fixing this. The second is my iPhone 4S. When connected via Bluetooth and streaming through Spotify, it will occasionally not show song title and artist. Most of the time it does and works fine. Also, I have iOS 6.0 and it does not receive or send texts through MFT.

Other than that, I love it! This car is a good looking, high tech, comfortable ride that also gets good gas mileage.

#4 ·
MFT isn't at fault, iOS 6 is.

Blackberry, WinMo, Symbian and Android work, iOS always likes to cause issues.

#3 ·
Well I'd like to experience things but mine is still not here yet.
So. I've had a bad experience waiting for it.. < that's legit right?

Stopped by dealer to order on June 6th, production started July 23rd or something, and mine was built 8/27 but still no car >_>

#8 ·
I noticed you on my false alarm thread and that Crystal from Ford is trying to help. Let me know what they do for you too... My dealer said bring it in for them to diagnose the problem but since my car is less than a week old, I'm going to wait and see if I can better replicate the problem myself. I don't want mechanics digging around my front bumper just to tell me everything is fine. But I'll keep you updated on what happens. By the way, what is the build date on yours?

#10 ·
Mine was built on 8/28 and never came in. Dealer claims the car failed inspection and went back in. Dealer also has one on order built the same week and hasn't come yet.
My dealer got tired of me calling and found one at an Iowa dealer and brought it up. Got the winter package for free and a really great deal.
Love the car and MPG.
Good luck.

#11 ·
Hey folks!

Congrats to those of you who have a shiny new 2013 Focus!

For those of you who have a Focus (or any other Ford, for that matter) on order, I can keep an eye on the ETA if you PM me a VIN or order number/dealer name.

I've already been in contact with some of you who are experiencing the persistent beeping, but if anyone else has a Focus that is exhibiting that characteristic, please reach out to me via PM. I'll get your cases escalated to the regional level; all I'll need is your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number.

Thanks everyone! Have a great weekend.
Crystal [wave]

#12 ·
Swapped out my 2011 Focus SE, mt 5spd on September 8th for 2013 SE Hatchback, 5spd mt, sterling gray metallic. Included options were Sirius XM, and power moonroof. Sync / 6 speaker configuration included.

Have tinted the windows (15%), moonroof (5%) and the windshield (50%). New sound--amp, powered sub-woof & speakers--to be installed next Tuesday.

BTW...I have NO affiliation with Crutchfield. Loaded the equipment into my on-line cart about 3pm yesterday 09/27, my advisor, Buck, monitored my order, shipped the equipment out 2 day free UPS, and it arrived at UPS in Doraville, GA at noon TODAY for delivery to me on Monday, October 1. Fantastic service.
Hope I haven't violated posting rule with this endorsement.

#13 ·
I just reviewed a thread asking if anyone has updated his 10 speaker Sony system, which motivated me to return to this thread.

As I mentioned in my post above, I am having new equipment installed on Tuesday. The 6 speaker system IMHO is simply awful. MP3 & any Sirius music sound the worst. A CD of a particularly well produced album (i.e. Eagles, Hotel California) is listenable. But at it's best, listening to this system is like listening with cotton stuffed in my ears.

I don't consider myself an audiophile by any stretch, and I am spending less than $1,000 total, but I do enjoy a wide range of music genre, and the sound system can make or break my ride.

#14 ·
First Post, newbie here. I bought a 2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium sedan one week ago today. Only option on it is the power moonroof. Got the windows tinted (35% all around) yesterday. The car looks great, nothing to complain about yet. Almost got a 2012 Ingot Silver with the handling package but the tires wouldn't do well with the Michigan winters here. The 2013 was cheaper and had the back up camera and factory remote start. I do wish I had the rain sensing wipers and auto-dimming rear view mirror like the 2012s had but in reading some of the other threads, looks like they were troublesome.

#16 ·
Just got a Candy Blue 2013 Titanium with the Moon roof, Handling Pkg, Parking Assist, and scuff plates. I'm wanting to know what all comes with the Handling pkg besides the Summer only tires (michelin super sport 3's). Also try to figure out all the buttons. Its going to be my wifes car but I'll drive it to work. My Mustang GT/CS and F-150 Raptor suck for gas mileage.

dly

#22 ·
New 2013 Ti owner. Picked up a hatch in white last week and loving it.
The standard packaging on the '13 Titaniums is a great value, considering it has everything I wanted.
I was pleased to find a Ti with the handling package. I plan on getting some snow shoes for her in month or so and pack the 18" wheels away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.